mtbr member

PSA hunters in the McDowells

Dove season opened on September 1st and goes through September 15th and I ran into a couple of hunters this morning on the long loops out at McDowell Mountain Regional Park. They have opened up the East side of the McDowells to hunting so be warned. I heard them before I saw them. I talked to one of the guys and he knows about MTBers but that is one group.

Here is some more info

HUNTING UPDATE. Hunting with firearms is prohibited within the Scottsdale McDowell Sonoran Preserve, but is permitted in McDowell Mountain Regional Park, which borders the Preserve in the Rock Knob, Marcus Landslide, Windmill, and Dixie Mine areas. Preserve users may hear gunfire emanating from the Regional Park, and could possibly see hunters accessing the Park from the Preserve (i.e., hunters could park at the Tom's Thumb Trailhead and carry their firearm through the Preserve to the Regional Park where they can commence hunting). The times when firearm hunting can occur in the McDowell Mountain Regional Park are as follows: first dove season 9/1 to 9/15; second dove season 11/22 to 1/5/2014; quail season 10/4/13 to 2/9/14. For more information about hunting in the Preserve itself, please see the City's fact sheet.

DFMBA.org

PSA hunters in the McDowells

This is also true bordering Cave Creek Regional Park and the Sonoran trail system in north Phoenix. Rode there this past weekend and heard gunshots abound.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.