N/A
    Feb 2004

PSA - Bill Williams Trail

Just a quick public service announcement. Now that we've had some rain, Bill Williams trail is open again and completely clear of deadfall. I road "Jayem's Williams Loop" this morning. I ran into a local at the top who said there were 30 trees down but the FS quickly got a crew out there and it was smooth sailing all the way down. (Well not smooth, but fun rocky sailing.)

Benham trail was pretty overgrown at the top though. Given that, the steepness, and my lack of fitness, I ended up walking a bunch near the top of the climb. If I did it again, I'd probably take the dirt road after the 2nd crossing.

P.S., for those not familiar with the area who are looking for Old Perkinsville Rd to get to the Benham TH, it's the same as 4th st. Don't turn early and end up wandering around on the wrong side of the reservoir. It will save you 15 min. of idiocy.

Meatbomb
    Where is Bill Williams?

or did I turn too early

N/A
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Where is Bill Williams?
    In Williams.

Benham Trail/Bill Williams Trail Arizona Trail Reviews

I hadn't been up there in years. I don't think the trails on Bill Williams Mtn get as much attention as they used to. But I don't know why - it's definitely a good ride. I've been wanting to head up there for months but the FS closed access until last week's rain.