Black and Sticky

Proposed New MMP Trails

I just stumbled on a map that appears to show some new trails planned at McDowell Mtn Park. Check out the map/link.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/mcdowe...1-www-2011.pdf

I had heard rumors of this but had not seen an actual map. According to MC web site, there was even a public meeting today on this. Maybe I am misreading the note on this link:

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/mcdowell/Maps.aspx

But if there was a meeting, did anybody go? What's the story on the new trails?

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

Pivotal figure
    I was planning to go but had to work late again...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Shred...it's the new drug
    Had a great meeting tonight...they are looking for to add more trails, especially a singletrack version of pemberton instead of the double track access road on the north side. There was talk of some more technical trails and a flow trail out there as well. I talked with the head trail builder for a while and he was stoked on the GRO-AZ and mountain bikers helping build mountain bike trails. Feel free to email Rand and let him know what you would like to see out there...ie, more technical trails, a downhill uni directional flow trail, beginner trails, etc...Good stuff from a good park!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I still remember helping build the original race track back after the Cactus Cup abandoned Scottsdale...good times building.

Anyway, are the proposed trails going to be similar to what Dixie Mine has been transformed into? I'd call it a superb two abreast trail running trail.

Bob, thanks for the info regarding the meeting tonight.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob View Post
    Had a great meeting tonight...they are looking for to add more trails, especially a singletrack version of pemberton instead of the double track access road on the north side. There was talk of some more technical trails and a flow trail out there as well. I talked with the head trail builder for a while and he was stoked on the GRO-AZ and mountain bikers helping build mountain bike trails. Feel free to email Rand and let him know what you would like to see out there...ie, more technical trails, a downhill uni directional flow trail, beginner trails, etc...Good stuff from a good park!
    didja like how I dropped the kid-card?