mtbr member

Prescott ride suggestions...

Long story but we've made plans to come out to Prescott next weekend, March 1-4 and need some trail suggestions. I've been to town many times but only ridden twice with the local PMBA group and since I was following along, I really had no clue where I was at any given time. Nonetheless, I had a great time on both at Thumb Butte and the other by Goldwater Lake. The other guys coming with me have never ridden in Prescott.

Ideally, looking for anything from 15-25 mile loops as we usually do two rides per day. We'll take a shot at pretty much anything and have ridden most stuff in Sedona (Hangover, Hogs, etc..) and Phoenix are (love, love, love National and Cave Creek CC course) several times. Have to admit that the numbering of trail throws me off vs "names". Not sure why that it. If you have routes that are already on Trailforks or MTB Project, that would be fantastic. Thanks!!
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010

mtbr member
    Prescott Circle Trail. Ride half in the morning for one ride and the other half in the afternoon.

mtbr member
    Check out the Yankee Doodle trail

mtbr member
    Also check out the West spruce trail 264.

mtbr member
    Winter finally arrived and the higher trails will probably have snow during your visit. Not much, mind you, and possibly rideable in the morning, but likely to be sloppy in the afternoon. I'll be heading to the BCT this weekend. If you have to ride Prescott, check out the Granite Basin trails, Homestead, Emmanuel Pines and some of the lower elevation trails around Thumb Butte. Spruce is probably off the table.
    Veni vidi velo!