mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Prescott Independance weekend

Planning on the weekend in the pines. All the forests are closed in southern AZ so if they don't close it there then, I'm chillin' in the hills there. Southern Arizona Mountain Bike Association (SAMBAbike.org) trip to escape the desert sweatfest. Only ridden a few trails there but Granite Basin may be the initial focus.
    Fire restrictions may not permit a camp fire unless the rain arrives.
    agmtb

Elitest thrill junkie
    Id suggest Thumb Butte/Copper Basin/396/White Spar/Spruce Mtn/305/Smith Ravine to escape the sweat fest. Higher alt, more shade, quite a bit cooler than Granite Basin.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Granite Mtn is great riding, flowy, fast and not very technical. However, if you want some rocky technical riding, I would suggest Thumb Butte area. There are so many trails over there and they all connect to either Thumb Butte road or the 326 trail which is the main artery. Lots of varied riding - intermediate to advanced.

Elitest thrill junkie
    To be fair, Thumb Butte and Granite Basin are about equally technical, which is to say not much. Granite basin has Mint Wash and 40, Thumb Butte has White Rock and Creekside. Advanced riding? Not really. They are just different in terms of surface, vegetation, etc...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    If ya like technical ascent or decent ride spruce mtn. If you want smooth and flowy ride the lynx lake or Goldwater lake trails. All are in the cool shade of pines.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Quote Originally Posted by abegold View Post
    Planning on the weekend in the pines. All the forests are closed in southern AZ so if they don't close it there then, I'm chillin' in the hills there. Southern Arizona Mountain Bike Association (SAMBAbike.org) trip to escape the desert sweatfest. Only ridden a few trails there but Granite Basin may be the initial focus.
    Fire restrictions may not permit a camp fire unless the rain arrives.
    I'm heading up Friday morning and plan on riding ASAP on Friday. maybe see ya around, be nice when you pass my butt, I'll be on a SS with a tall gear. I won't be on Granite Basin, I was thinking of 305 to 297 the top of Spruce then down to 396 through white spar area. (Numbers may be off). if you want a good long ride join me.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

mtbr member
    Maybe we'll run into ya' Taco?
    * I"m headed up Friday afternoon and WILL BE over at Al's place periodically throughout the weekend.

Rodeo this year?
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Quote Originally Posted by phichibri View Post
    Maybe we'll run into ya' Taco?
    * I"m headed up Friday afternoon and WILL BE over at Al's place periodically throughout the weekend.

Rodeo this year?
    Go up White Spar and we'll meet up somewhere along the trail. I don't think I'll be making the rodeo, I have to work Sunday as usual. otherwise see you at JackHammer's place.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

Lone Wolf McQuade
    "IndependEnce" Day.... just saying

Matt
    I should be out riding....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Campout has been moved to the Mogollon Rim and Arizona Trail, and there might be dance.
    agmtb