mtbr member
    Dec 2007

In prep for Dawn to Dusk

I'm doing Dawn to Dusk next month so I'm going to do 2 laps out at Pemberton on Saturday morning.

Anyone want to join me for a lap or two? Start time is flexible, but I don't want to start super early so I'm shooting for 10am.

Tiff

Dave
    Hey Tiff

Yes Patti and I will be there maybe around 9 am with a couple of other folks. Thinking of doing Pemb. clockwise and taking Coachwip (never done it) and maybe some more. patti would probably into riding two laps, she's into long distance now (at a slow pace).
    Let me know if you might make it for 9. No pressure.

Dave
    I need to ride more and work less.

im4Gsus
    slow laps- yar speaking my language!
    i'd be interested if start is 9 and route is ccw...
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

9 am works!

Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    Kaboose,

Yes, sorry, I should have said the route. CCW is what I'm planning on doing since thats the direction of the race. Just riding it to get familar with the course- pace will be mellow - no one will have to play catch up!

Dave,

The plan for me is 2 laps CCW, let me know if Patti is interested in joining.

Tiff

im4Gsus
    RTR 9am?

[edit: oops, i just noticed that you put "9am works" in the subject/title. i'll be there!]
    Last edited by kaboose; 11-14-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Dave
    Well it looks like CCW is the way you are going. I really perfer it the other way, but you're training for a race so you have to do it that way, totally understand. We might join you but no guarantee, I like blasting down that last sandy section in my big ring, so I won't be doing it CCW. We'll see you all there anyway. We were thinking of sticking around afterwards and having a lunch and a few drinks under the ramamda (if avail.) and bringing chairs. Don't know how much time you guys have but you're welcome to join us post ride.

we'll be there at 9 anyway.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    FYI, the Pemberton will be in use by runners of the Javelina Jundred from early Saturday morning thru noon on Sunday, November 15 and 16.

To the best of my knowledge, it's not closed to other users, but parking may be tight. Consider parking at the Wagner trailhead and perhaps working the Wagner, Granite, and Bluff trails into your ride. These trails won't be in use for the race.

Give the runners plenty of room when you pass, even if it means taking a rockier or sandier line. I have some friends who've run the race in the past and they've complained about mountain bikers not always yielding the right of way.

im4Gsus
    darn, that sort'o changes things a bit. i've been there when runners were using the trail but don't remember which way they run. i think they do run CW, which means they would see us coming.

kevin, do you know?

Dave

Runners Damn they never move over, endurance race uh.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    FYI, the Pemberton will be in use by runners of the Javelina Jundred from early Saturday morning thru noon on Sunday, November 15 and 16.

To the best of my knowledge, it's not closed to other users, but parking may be tight. Consider parking at the Wagner trailhead and perhaps working the Wagner, Granite, and Bluff trails into your ride. These trails won't be in use for the race.

Give the runners plenty of room when you pass, even if it means taking a rockier or sandier line. I have some friends who've run the race in the past and they've complained about mountain bikers not always yielding the right of way.

Damn that really messes things up. Tiff what are you gonna do about this? I might be tempted to right the Comp track area, the long (7mi) loop. Rick, what about you? Sedonna this weekend?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    darn, that sort'o changes things a bit. i've been there when runners were using the trail but don't remember which way they run. i think they do run CW, which means they would see us coming.

kevin, do you know?
    They do the odd numbered laps clockwise and the even numbered laps counter-clockwise. For the final (seventh) lap, they go CW to Tonto and run down Tonto. If you start at nine, you'll encounter some runners finishing their first lap while other runners will be working on their second. Therefore, you'll encounter runners going in both directions throughout your ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yep, 100 miles. (Actually, I think it's 101.)

I never ride the Pemberton during this race. I plan on hitting the comp tracks this weekend instead. They're in decent shape now after last Saturday's 24-hr race and rain late on Sunday. The rain was just enough to damp the dust down, but not enough to create any significant new erosion.

im4Gsus
    ... Therefore, you'll encounter runners going in both directions throughout your ride.

i'm out!
    i'll be riding TRW and hawes. good luck tiffy!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

sucks!

Yep, 100 miles. (Actually, I think it's 101.)

I never ride the Pemberton during this race. I plan on hitting the comp tracks this weekend instead. They're in decent shape now after last Saturday's 24-hr race and rain late on Sunday. The rain was just enough to damp the dust down, but not enough to create any significant new erosion.
    Thanks for the heads up! yeah, I'm out then. I'll ride it next Sat instead.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

T100 for me

Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    Damn that really messes things up. Tiff what are you gonna do about this? I might be tempted to right the Comp track area, the long (7mi) loop. Rick, what about you? Sedonna this weekend?

I'll probably ride T100 instead.

Runners! Yes they NEVER move!

Tiff

Dave
    T100 - Never have done this area. Tiff would you like to show some people around there?
    We'd be up for it.

Dave

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

sure!

Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    T100 - Never have done this area. Tiff would you like to show some people around there?
    We'd be up for it.

Dave
    Yeah come on out! T100 has some fun stuff!

Sativa, want to join?

Tiff

Newbie rider
    Jul 2008
    Dave,

I'd be up for T100. What entrance are we parking in? I've heard some areas are not the best places to park. Which location would be better?

im4Gsus
    good idea to postpone till next saturday.

post up a new thread later in the week, it might also be cooler!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    not that slow...i've seen your videos

mx