Thread: Pre Tday Ride

parenting for gnarness

Pre Tday Ride

Walt and I had been talking for quite some time about his crew and my crew hooking up for a night ride. Deanna was the catalyst, then there was Doug and his friends, and JB lured by the hearty aroma of beer.

Alex, Dgangi, Eric, Ray, CoyoteKis, Young Dave, CactusJoe, chollaball, Walt

It stormed right as we launched, and i giggled through the first 30 minutes at the notion of us hammering en masse in AZ in the rain. And just when i started to get pissed off, the rain stopped.

beers at my house, beers on the trail, beers at Alex's, beers at Red, White & Brew. good times. damn good times.

Meatbomb
    I need the secret hand shake.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Wow, in the rain nonetheless. Fun times.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Kathleen in AZ
    Good times - any beer-induced crashes?

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Good times - any beer-induced crashes?
    Doug slid out on the pavement coming down the road from Las Sendas. It looked pretty scary, but that boy bounces! He's shook off the road rash to make it to the bar don't think it was-beer induced, but the tequilla shots possibly were relevant.

I am Walt
    Great ride and times! I can't believe how quickly Hawes drains...almost immediately! It was wet when it was pouring and we were riding, but as soon as the rain stopped, the trails were almost dry. It was also the tackiest I've ever felt it - on the SS, I didn't spin out once on any climb, and that includes some painfully slow spots where I was basically stopped between each pedal stroke due to traffic ahead...as soon as I would dig in, it would stick like velcro...

Thanks to Jason and Alex for the organizing and hospitality!
    Ride more; post less...

aka Diesel
    It really was a damn good time! I'm ready for another one of those! That said, I don't remember much after CactusJoe & I slammed yet another shot, buuut, I do remember helping myself to his bread, and hijacking his water. Blame in on Jack Daniels.

mtbr member
    mmm, beer.

Hey CB, I finally gave your knee pads a shot this morning on Somo, and I really dug 'um.
    Thanks dood!

Too many Sedonuts...
    That was a great...uh...adventure. Trails were awesome again this morning too, and probably will be tomorrow. Anyone riding friday?

Thanks for putting that together Jason, let's do it again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    I do remember helping myself to his bread, and hijacking his water.
    That was you?

Great stories by the way, and we were just getting started.
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    Trails were awesome again this morning too, and probably will be tomorrow.
    Yes they were! I hit Hawes the second I stumbled out of bed. I was still dressed in the same clothes I PASSED OUT IN, so why not? (joke, obvs)

Great stories by the way, and we were just getting started.
    NO.DOUBT.
    More! Next time!

Oh and I had to call Jason this morning and apologize. I think once the walls of RWB started breathing I just kind of stood up and walked off. Did I even say goodbye? I'm waiting for a picture of that flask, btw. You're not off the hook.

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    Doug slid out on the pavement coming down the road from Las Sendas. It looked pretty scary, but that boy bounces! He's shook off the road rash to make it to the bar don't think it was-beer induced, but the tequilla shots possibly were relevant.
    Yeah...that crash sucked. The booze prolly didn't help matters any.

My hip and elbow were pretty damn sore last night. Every time I rolled over and the road rash touched the sheets it hurt like hell. And I bled through 2 pairs of underwear.

This morning the road rash hurt a little more...along with my lower back on the right side (above the hip). I think it was from tensing up from the crash.

Rita got scuffed up a bit too -- got a few scratches on the top tube.

But all in all I was lucky in that it didn't result in more damage to me or the bike. And it was still a really fun night.

FOTP is gonna hurt a little more tomorrow with a bum hip and elbow...but I'll tough it out.

Thx...Doug