Newbie rider
    Jul 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm Post T-Day Ride - Hawes

Well, since we had a great ride today I'm ready for another one tomorrow, Friday. Who's in to ride Hawes??

Meeting time: 9am - I'm flexible on time if needed
    Meeting place: Walgreens (in back) off of Power & Thomas Rd
    Route: Ride up through the residential homes to Diamond Estates and over to Hawes TH. Then a nice stroll down Hawes to Big Saguaro trail and up Cardiac Hill (the long steep hill before Mine trail) to Mine trail and down to Ridge trail and out to Bush Hwy. If anyone has a better route speak up.

The route above is ~ 10-12 miles roundtrip.

mtbr member
    I'm in, I can't wait to ride the Hawes trails when there this tacky.
    I will see you tomorrow at 9 am.

Rod
    What if you get scared half to death?.......Twice

mtbr member
    what level of velocity is expected on this ride? once you drop onto bush h-way, were you gonna ride the road around the corner and up king kong to the canal and beyond back to walgreens? thanx rixter!
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

I love bike!
    Hey Rick. I think I rode with you and Kaboose out at Pemberton about a month back. I'm in, should be some sweet riding tomorrow. See you at 9. Dave

mtbr member
    A couple of us rode Hawes today. No puddles - just sticky and grippy

im4Gsus
    hmm...hawes when it's nice n sticky...darn, i'll be at work till noon.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Newbie rider
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW
    what level of velocity is expected on this ride? once you drop onto bush h-way, were you gonna ride the road around the corner and up king kong to the canal and beyond back to walgreens? thanx rixter!
    Bighorn, this won't be a fast pace ride except for the down hill sections Those that are can split off ahead. When we reach the Ridge trail at the bottom we can decide then if everyone wants to take the road back to Walgreens or the canal.

Black and Sticky
    No can do tomorrow, I'm entertaining out-of-town visitors. But keep posting these and I'll ride with y'all again asap. Thanks Rix-ster!

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

Newbie rider
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman
    Hey Rick. I think I rode with you and Kaboose out at Pemberton about a month back. I'm in, should be some sweet riding tomorrow. See you at 9. Dave
    Hey Dave, I will see ya maniana!!

Newbie rider
    Jul 2008

Good job! Great ride!

Great ride today! Thanks DOUMTB and dsittman for showin' up this morning. It's always more fun with some riding partners. We left the Walgreen's parking lot just past 9am. The weather was a little brisk but warmed up an hour into the ride. We ended up doing 11.6 miles out and back. The trails were tacky from all the rain but on the down hill sections there were lots of ruts which made it a little more trickier going down. I had one minor mishap on Saddleback trail but nothing serious. No flats, no mechanical issues.... just some sweet riding! Can't wait till next time. Rod took some pictures so maybe he can share them.

I love bike!
    NIce ride fellas . Be cool to tag along with you guys again sometime if you don't mind having "keeps taking us on endless amounts of trails (which he doesn't know the names of) and keeps saying there's only one more short climb and the parking lot is just around the corner" guy . Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

mtbr member
    Sorry Guys, I had a couple of errands to run before getting
    home. Here are the pics from today.
    Dave and Rick ready to roll.

Rick and Dave resting at the top of Mine trail. Rick looks like that power bar tasted terrible.

Rick and Rod at top of Mine Trail.

Dave and Rick contemplating which way next.

Rick crossing stream at Pig-Hawes trail junction.

I had a great time riding with you guys and look forward to the next. I will try to not be
    the slowpoke next time.

Have a good weekend!
    Rod
    What if you get scared half to death?.......Twice

I love bike!
    NIce pics Rod. Love my mohawk in the 2nd one