mtbr member
    Apr 2010

POC Trabec/Trabec Race

Anyone here using either the POC Trabec or the POC Trabec Race Helmet? Just wanting to know if the Race version is worth the extra cost. I have an Urge Endur-o-matic that needs to be replaced. I would buy another Urge, but I want better ventilation. Any personal reviews on the POC would be appreciated.

mtbr member

Got one

I managed to use mine for a handful of rides before winter set in up north. I got mine at interbike last year but was only able to find a M/L and probably should have found a L/XL. I've worn the helmet on 4 hr rides and towards the end of the ride I need to stop and take it off. Something inside agitates my head, maybe altering the helmet with a file would fix it?? I haven't crashed yet so I cannot say anything about how the Arimid filament works, but it is a well ventilated helmet. I'm not sure if I would pay the extra money for the race version if I had to pay retail. I managed to get mine for $100. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks, it def. helps. Good to know it's well ventilated. What part/area of the helmet agitates your head?

mtbr member
    Towards the rear of the helmet on top (if that makes sense). The area around the vents are built up with the foam, that's why I think if I can file some of it away it would fit better. The helmet is very snug on my head.