No Clue Crew

PMP West tomorrow? 5 a.m.ish?

Talking with another MTBRer about riding tomorrow. I usually start at 7th Ave Peoria, ajmelin starts at Central & TBird at 5a. We'll ride for an hour or two before work. Anyone else up for it plan on meeting at 7th St just south of TBird about 5:15a (should take us both about that or less to get there). I'm on a gray Gary Fisher hardtail.

I'll usually run some variation of one of these:

I don't know ajmelin's normal routine so we'll figure something out but I know I'll be out there for an hour and a half or so.

No Clue Crew
    Wow, were did all the light go at 5a? Didn't seem like that long ago I could ride that early without lights. Glad I got and brought my MagicShine. Met up with Anthony at 7th St and headed over towards Cave Creek. Did the Mine Drop the correct way (counterclockwise) and then went further over and did what I'll dub "Lower Disneyland." Then further on east towards a saddle near Stony Mountain. Nice ride...

Got a suspension fork
    just make sure to watch the oatmeal before the ride!
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris
    just make sure to watch the oatmeal before the ride!
    Damn... I thought that morning, "I'm riding with a bunch of guys that are probably stronger and faster than me with lots more skills. I gotta make sure my tank is full," and I knew it'd be more than an hour, maybe and hour and a half before I was actually on the trail. Never again.

I'll stick with my half a power bar & water before and half a power bar plus some Gatorade after. Seems to do alright for a couple hour ride before work.

I'd see about hooking up again this weekend, if you guys weren't too embarrassed riding with my dumb OTB ass (the knee is still a little sore but not hampering any activity), but I'll be in Prescott with the Mrs. and the dog so no biking this weekend.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike
    Damn... I thought that morning, "I'm riding with a bunch of guys that are probably stronger and faster than me with lots more skills. I gotta make sure my tank is full," and I knew it'd be more than an hour, maybe and hour and a half before I was actually on the trail. Never again.

I'll stick with my half a power bar & water before and half a power bar plus some Gatorade after. Seems to do alright for a couple hour ride before work.

I'd see about hooking up again this weekend, if you guys weren't too embarrassed riding with my dumb OTB ass (the knee is still a little sore but not hampering any activity), but I'll be in Prescott with the Mrs. and the dog so no biking this weekend.
    No worries Mike, you're being too hard on yourself. As for food, I pretty much have an iron stomach but I have gotten into the routine of eating light before riding. I almost always have about 6 oz of Naked Juice and if I am going for much more than an hour I will have a piece of toasted 'Middle Eastern Flat Bread' (from Trader Joes - good stuff.) Maybe some Hammer Gel or Cliff bar during the ride.

I'll hook up on the weekend rides when I am able, play it by ear.

No Clue Crew
    No worries Mike, you're being too hard on yourself. As for food, I pretty much have an iron stomach but I have gotten into the routine of eating light before riding. I almost always have about 6 oz of Naked Juice and if I am going for much more than an hour I will have a piece of toasted 'Middle Eastern Flat Bread' (from Trader Joes - good stuff.) Maybe some Hammer Gel or Cliff bar during the ride.
    Yeah, I know I'm my worst critic...

I'm gonna try to get in M W & F morning rides so I can get my legs up to par so I'll post 'em and if anyone can make it, cool. If not, it won't be the first or last time I ride by myself...

Got a suspension fork
    Yeah, I know I'm my worst critic...

I'm gonna try to get in M W & F morning rides so I can get my legs up to par so I'll post 'em and if anyone can make it, cool. If not, it won't be the first or last time I ride by myself...
    That's why god invented iPods.

No Clue Crew
    That's why god invented iPods.
    Not a chance on the trail. Actually, not even in public at all. Drives me nuts NOT knowing what's going on around me. How many hikers do you come across and scare the **** out of because they can't hear anything over the iPod? A scared hiker/biker is gonna do exactly what you DON'T want them to do. YMMV...

I love peace and quiet. And in this case, the crunching of the dirt and rocks under my tires, fork compressing, and the chain rattling. Love it.

I hate it when I go camping with friends and they can't enjoy themselves and the solitude without a damn boom box. But, that's another for another day...

Got a suspension fork
    Not a chance on the trail. Actually, not even in public at all. Drives me nuts NOT knowing what's going on around me. How many hikers do you come across and scare the **** out of because they can't hear anything over the iPod? A scared hiker/biker is gonna do exactly what you DON'T want them to do. YMMV...

I love peace and quiet. And in this case, the crunching of the dirt and rocks under my tires, fork compressing, and the chain rattling. Love it.

I hate it when I go camping with friends and they can't enjoy themselves and the solitude without a damn boom box. But, that's another for another day...
    A bit draconian in my opinion.

I used to cycle with silence but find I prefer audio, I usually listen to podcasts sometimes music, but only in 1 ear - the drive train side of the bike. I leave my left ear open to ear surrounding sounds. Have been doing this for years and it works great.

I would never listen to audio if with others, only when solo.

No Clue Crew
    A bit draconian in my opinion.
    Call me paranoid but I don't like sitting with my back to they door in public either...

I usually listen to podcasts sometimes music, but only in 1 ear - the drive train side of the bike. I leave my left ear open to ear surrounding sounds. Have been doing this for years and it works great.
    That works. You certainly hear plenty that way...