Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shovel Ready

PMP - VOAZ beware of the rock Fairy.

From the top of VOAZ. The run down the South side also known as lower cheese. Almost every drop had a rock placed perfectly for someone to hit. Edge up about 8 to 10 inches from the back side of the roller/drop. Even after the bench at the bottom of LC over to the junction at 301 or 304, the two steps had stuff behind them. I moved the last one as I had not done my daily trail maintenance.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

skilldest©
    Probably a "do good" hiker. Saw that a couple weeks back going up that trail. HAB up. The steps were built up on the upper side not the lower side. Interesting...

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by _dragon View Post
    Probably a "do good" hiker. Saw that a couple weeks back going up that trail. HAB up. The steps were built up on the upper side not the lower side. Interesting...
    They were doing a good job of making a bad day for one of us.

mtbr member
    Not that I can ride it anyway, but as I was walking down it, I did notice that a lot of stuff was different.

skilldest©
    thread jack warning... tonight on DC there were bunch of "Watchtower" type pamphlets by the watertower. They were placed on the posts with rocks on top of them. Not sure how that ties into this but I found it messed with the mojo of my ride.

Team God!
    thread jack warning... tonight on DC there were bunch of "Watchtower" type pamphlets by the watertower. They were placed on the posts with rocks on top of them. Not sure how that ties into this but I found it messed with the mojo of my ride.
    Peace of the Lord be with you brother! [my best Hulk Hogan]
    "Wisdom is the Chief element of happiness, and then there is ice cream!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    VOAZ is the kind of run that it shouldn't really matter. Be on your game.

I see these posts all the time. A "real" mountain biker doesn't care. : ) Personally, I know I have far too many other important issues to let any of this behavior take my stage.
    Michael
    old guy

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by masterp2 View Post

I see these posts all the time. A "real" mountain biker doesn't care. : ) Personally, I know I have far too many other important issues to let any of this behavior take my stage.
    Now my feelings are hurt, no game and not a real mountain biker.

mtbr member
    I've seen them at the same spot in the past as well. If I were to become a theist I think Mormonism might be the best bet, no need to wear pads when you rock the magic underwear.

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Now my feelings are hurt, no game and not a real mountain biker.
    Posting in a mtb forum means you are a real mounain biker though -- all things mtn biking are decided here..........

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    I've seen them at the same spot in the past as well. If I were to become a theist I think Mormonism might be the best bet, no need to wear pads when you rock the magic underwear.
    So I wonder how the garments "magic underware" are worn. Under the pad in the shorts or on the outside? Gotta be some brothern here that could answer that (but they won't).

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    One can always aspire. : ) Joke

Seriously, my next cracked rib will have nothing to with anyone else's mischief, just my own.
    Michael
    old guy

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by masterp2 View Post

He wasn't talking about VOAZ, he was talking about Lower Cheese and for those of us that know that trail we haul down it on the assumption that the trail has not been boobytrapped in such a manner as to hurt someone. We've seen lots of this on National and "being on your game" is meaningless when you are taking a drop you've taken dozens of times and all of a sudden this morning there are rocks littering your landing zone purposely placed to cause you damage. Seems to me you may want to see what the OP is actually talking about before letting your rectum speak for you.

What the hell is a "Watchtower" pamphlet?

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    He wasn't talking about VOAZ, he was talking about Lower Cheese and for those of us that know that trail we haul down it on the assumption that the trail has not been boobytrapped in such a manner as to hurt someone. We've seen lots of this on National and "being on your game" is meaningless when you are taking a drop you've taken dozens of times and all of a sudden this morning there are rocks littering your landing zone purposely placed to cause you damage. Seems to me you may want to see what the OP is actually talking about before letting your rectum speak for you.

Just in case I can't find your address go here and fill out the information...
    https://watch21.securesites.net/e/contact/submit.htm

sprocket

Do you also drive around town in your car assuming stuff has not changed?
    Sure, hauling down that trail is fun, but it is your responsibility to look out for yourself. Simply assuming the trail is maintained and in the shape you last successfully rode it is kind of short sighted.

Shovel Ready

Heck people it was a simple warning that someone is placing rocks in a particular manner on the trails we ride. I dodged everyone of them last night. Have before and will again in the future.

BigO, you know what I am talking about just be aware someone is playing games again out there!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Some days I actually skip putting milk in my oatmeal.
    Michael
    old guy

skilldest©
    Was one of those days...today? I went crazy and had coffee AFTER getting to work.

******ed or Branded??
    When ever I ride PMP, I have a mentality that every rock is out to get me and to take me down. Especially when AzDog (partiboi) has been there the day before. He boobie traps everything to get at me! Like real boobies and everything.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    BigO, you know what I am talking about just be aware someone is playing games again out there!
    Yep. No worries...

Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    When ever I ride PMP, I have a mentality that every rock is out to get me and to take me down.
    Certainly, that's on everyone's mind. With that said there are things you look for and imagine the need to work around. Loose, washed out sections: Check. Dislodged rocks: Check. Cactus or tree overgrowth: Check. Rocks that were nowhere in sight yet miraculously and purposely placed to be hidden under normal circumstances and perfectly placed to harm someone. Nope.

Don't have any use for anyone who purposely tries to hurt someone else when they have done nothing to deserve it. Bullet meet Head.

******ed or Branded??
    Yep. No worries...

Certainly, that's on everyone's mind. With that said there are things you look for and imagine the need to work around. Loose, washed out sections: Check. Dislodged rocks: Check. Cactus or tree overgrowth: Check. Rocks that were nowhere in sight yet miraculously and purposely placed to be hidden under normal circumstances and perfectly placed to harm someone. Nope.

Don't have any use for anyone who purposely tries to hurt someone else when they have done nothing to deserve it. Bullet meet Head.

opps guess joke didn't get through.

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly View Post
    Sure, hauling down that trail is fun, but it is your responsibility to look out for yourself. Simply assuming the trail is maintained and in the shape you last successfully rode it is kind of short sighted.
    I think the bone that BigO has is the intentional mess-mess. On the flip side, sometimes new/different chunk going up is challenge to some.

sprocket
    I think the bone that BigO has is the intentional mess-mess. On the flip side, sometimes new/different chunk going up is challenge to some.

Sure. But homie can't expect perfection every time out and then whine about it when things go awry.

mtbr member
    So I wonder how the garments "magic underware" are worn. Under the pad in the shorts or on the outside? Gotta be some brothern here that could answer that (but they won't).
    It looks like you answered your own question right there.

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly View Post
    Sure. But homie can't expect perfection every time out and then whine about it when things go awry.
    This is the exact place for whining and then being called out for it. According to you he is the "whiner" and according to me you are the "caller outer." That makes me.......really freaking bored.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast