Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

PMP Adaptive Management Plan - Dreamy Draw

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Maadjurguer 
#1 ·
I got a flyer in the mail today about a new management plan the City of Phoenix is developing for the Phoenix Mountain preserve. It looks like it is focusing on the Dreamy Draw area. There are open houses for public comment and a survey.

Here is a link to the site:

Phoenix Mountains Preserve Study - Home

Here is a link to the survey.

Survey - Phoenix Mountains Preserve Study

I filled out the survey and it looks like a good vehicle to get our voices heard.

Open house will be 6:00-8:00 PM, August 20th, October 1st and November 18th at Devonshire Community Center.

Hopefully someone has not already posted this. I apologize if it is a duplicate.

#5 ·
I mainly complained about dogs off leash and people with headphones. The rangers there have been really good about talking to people when they see the dogs off leash which I saw first hand this week. I made sure I thanked them. Great group of people at the city parks ranger crews.

#12 ·
It should be pointed out that all the arrows are pointing in the wrong direction ...

View attachment 1008556
Yup.
I know we are the lowest on the totem poll, but how are you supposed to yield if you are trying to pass a hiker.

Horses should yield to everyone, not only do they get to crap, urinate gallons of smelly horse piss and otherwise destroy the trail. Everyone should getting the **** out of the way too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.