mtbr member
    Jan 2009

PMP at 7th street...getting in the early a.m. hours?

So those of you who are not as noob as me will laugh. Apologies in advance for this question but...

The 7th street entrance to PMP is closest to my house so that's where I get into the trail system. How early can one get in there? Sunup to sundown? I have time in the a.m. (like 5 a.m. or earlier most days) to squeeze in a quick ride but evenings are pretty much a no-go. Wonder if anybody else is riding real early in the summer time there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Not sure of the time they open the gate but if it's locked just park in the strip mall parking lot north of the visitors center. There is access to the trail system at the far south of that parking lot. Just take that trail west and it will wind around back to where you want to be - takes maybe 5 minutes.

mtbr member
    Are you asking about Park hours?

mtbr member
    Just park near the dollar store at tbird and 7th... If in fact the gate is closed. We ride in that park at all hours of the day, As far as I am concerned its open 24 hours a day for riding...
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Excellent. Didn't know there was a trail leading in from the dollar store lot, but I should have figured it out. It's looking like my "ride time" is probably falling outside of posted park hours this summer. But whose isn't when it gets too hot. Thanks!

mtbr member
    The gate at the trail head south of Tbird on Central/Canterbury opens at 5am from May to September and at 6 the rest of the year. I'm pretty sure the 7th street lot is the same. That being said, I park in the 99 cent store lot when I ride there at 5am 2 or 3 times a week.

mtbr member
    In that parking lot stick to the east side go all the way south until you see the horse loading/unloading area. Just a bit south of it to the east is a horse tunnel that goes under 7th st, go under it. Follow the 100 markers until youre comfortable with that area.

I would assume the hrs are sunrise to 9ish PM, but i ride from my house to the Shaw Butte TH. so no gates.