Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell

Pivot Cycles is proud to announce one of our favorite demo events of the year!

We will set up at the McDowell Mountain Park Competitive Loops with our entire demo fleet. If you are interested in riding with us come out Saturday AND Sunday November 16th & 17th, 9am to 4pm.

After your ride hang out for a bit...we will have burgers and dogs to satisfy your hunger. Hope to see you there!

Contact us via email info@pivotcycles.com for more info

www.facebook.com/events/169474653256083/

A valid Drivers License and Credit Card will be required to demo bikes. Bring your helmet and the rest of your riding gear, we have SPD, Crank Brothers, Time ATAC and flat pedals available to use.
    Be safe, have a great time and we look forward to having you there!

Got a suspension fork
    Hey Aaron,

Geez no demo for me since I'm out of town this coming weekend.

You are bringing a Les SS for demo, yeah?
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

The Next 100 Miler
    Hmm, Saturday schedule change for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris View Post
    Hey Aaron,

Geez no demo for me since I'm out of town this coming weekend.

You are bringing a Les SS for demo, yeah?
    since when do you consider carbon as an acceptable frame material?

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    since when do you consider carbon as an acceptable frame material?
    hehe, doesn't mean I wouldn't like to throw a leg over it and kick the tires.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

How much further ???
    Im almost glad I cant make this because of KC on Saturday and no way my wife will let me go Sunday. I think it would cost me a lot more than the gas to get there if I went.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Are you going to have Pivot 429 carbon and Pivot LES 29 in small size?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Please tell me you guys will have some XL chassis bikes out there for the goofy long and lanky crowd ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Dang it! We come down to camp at MMP every Thanksgiving but won't be there until NEXT weekend. We love the Pivot demos; very unhappy house here!
    OVER the rocks, not around

Pivotal figure
    We'll have both demo fleets in town for this demo (East & West Coast) so there will be lots of bikes in all sizes! We don't have any SS Les demos though, only geared versions. We will have the new 27.5 Les with sizing from Large to Extra Small
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

No Clue Crew
    DAMNIT! Ironman weekend. No time.

mtbr member
    X2 - Planning to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by kelstr View Post
    Please tell me you guys will have some XL chassis bikes out there for the goofy long and lanky crowd ?

_____
    Jul 2007
    Will Pivot flip the brakes moto style for those of us who have their front brake on the right side of the bike?

Pivotal figure
    We prefer to NOT swap brakes around at a demo due to the hectic nature of the event and the possibility of taking a bike out of commission for a potential brake bleed. We also have to be certain that the bike gets the brakes set back to non-moto style before the bike goes out again so nobody gets taken by surprise. It's something we can do but keep in mind that it'll take a bit more time.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    ill take one of each and a box of thin mints

_____
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    We prefer to NOT swap brakes around at a demo due to the hectic nature of the event and the possibility of taking a bike out of commission for a potential brake bleed. We also have to be certain that the bike gets the brakes set back to non-moto style before the bike goes out again so nobody gets taken by surprise. It's something we can do but keep in mind that it'll take a bit more time.
    I'm guessing your bikes have shimanos and not ambidextrous Avids. Oh well. If I was ready to buy I'd be out there being "that" guy. Thanks for your reply.

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, Shimano sponsors the demo fleet so all the bikes are fully kitted with our XT Pro kit. I've seen people just flip the levers over which does work but isn't exactly ideal. Swapping a hose in a dusty parking lot on a portable stand is just asking for some excitement

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks Pivot. The demo was awesome. The Mach 6 deserves the praise it has received. I am always skeptical of online reviews, but this bike is worthy of the hype.

Also tried a Les 29er, and the Carbon 429. Both are quality bikes that I would not hesitate to own. I felt no desire to visit the Trek booth after riding the Pivots. I was full and satisfied.

Pivotal figure
    Glad you liked it! The big question though; how was the burger?
    Quote Originally Posted by aevanlloyd View Post
    Thanks Pivot. The demo was awesome. The Mach 6 deserves the praise it has received. I am always skeptical of online reviews, but this bike is worthy of the hype.

Also tried a Les 29er, and the Carbon 429. Both are quality bikes that I would not hesitate to own. I felt no desire to visit the Trek booth after riding the Pivots. I was full and satisfied.

74 & 29 pilot
    It was a great morning to go out and demo! Went out to test the LES and could feel my bank account going down the longer I rode it. Solar Orange LES will be in my two bike fleet to run SS along with my 429c. My garage will be glowing with crazy Pivot colors. I've been riding 27.5 for over a year on Firebird and Carbine, but didn't test the Mach 6 cause I don't feel I need that much suspension now that I have a 429c.

Thanks Pivot!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_3824-copy.jpg  

Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_3827-copy.jpg  

Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_3831-copy.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_0019.jpg
    Mach 6
    Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_0020.jpg
    Mach 429 Carbon (Love the green)
    Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_2246.jpg
    DW greatness
    Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_2249.jpg
    More DW greatness
    Pivot Cycles Demo Days - November 16 - 17 - Mc Dowell-img_2255.jpg
    Les 29er (my next single speed)

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    Solar Orange LES will be in my two bike fleet to run SS along with my 429c.

Thanks Pivot!!
    You cannot go wrong with the Les. I love my Les!

It is the 3rd pivot i have owned and so far the best one.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the demo! I tested the Mach 6 and Mach 5.7... call me crazy but I like the Mach 5.7 more. Just seemed more fun to ride. Both great bikes though and great service!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    It was a great morning to go out and demo! Went out to test the LES and could feel my bank account going down the longer I rode it. Solar Orange LES will be in my two bike fleet to run SS along with my 429c. My garage will be glowing with crazy Pivot colors. I've been riding 27.5 for over a year on Firebird and Carbine, but didn't test the Mach 6 cause I don't feel I need that much suspension now that I have a 429c.

Thanks Pivot!!
    Nice! Are you going to keep the Carbine? Why go SS?
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    Nice! Are you going to keep the Carbine? Why go SS?
    No, the Carbine is going bye, bye. I don't need 6 inches of suspension with the 29er and 4-5 inches. I have been leaning toward more distance and endurance riding over sessioning and trying to take on the most gnarly fun, since I had a crazy crash and severely dislocated my shoulder in April. So far I feel I can do everything as well or better on the 429c; I doesn't feel like any 29er I've ever tried, and just as nimble as my carbine 275. I bought the bike to help slow myself down, like "Maybe I shouldn't try that trail or that line with a 29er" type of thinking, but the chunk I've ridden with it so far, I was faster on it than my Carbine. It's the best all-arounder I've owned yet. My favorite bike was my Firebird that I setup with 650b and the Carbine is an incredible bike, but the DW Link is definitely a superior design to the VPP when it come to techy, chunky climbing. IMO

I want to use the LES set up as both 1x10 and SS. SS for the challenge and a different work-out for my legs; Standing to grind up climbs, which I don't do much now. My best friend, got a SS and was killing me on it some days and he just got faster and stronger with it.

I've had too many injuries to continue the DH and 36/160mm full speed blast down everything fun; I can't work if I have injured limbs. Though the 429c is VERY capable, I want the more endurance, SS, HT riding the same terrain challenge type of fun. I think I might be interested in entering races and endurance events eventually also. I would have a FS and HT that are very versatile and race capable for many discipline..., Oh and I can still do some fun tech riding still. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going full on XC weenie (no offense), I'll still ride every part of the mountain; I put a taco bash on the 429
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast