mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Pivot/BH Demo @ New Phoenix Shop

Join Pivot Cycles and BH Bikes at the grand opening of Trailhead Cyclery and Cafe Saturday Nov. 15. Pivot/BH will set up the big trailer in the parking lot of the shop, at the corner of Glendale and 16th Street, just down the street from Trail 100. The demo will be from 10a.m. to 3 p.m. Contact Kiel @ (602) 703-4378 or thetrailheadcafe@gmail.com for more info.

Roni1az
    Dec 2004

nice!!

should be a great grand opening for kiel and his new crew. he's put a lot of work into his shop and it's turning out purdy sweet. the trail is literally about a two minute spin from the t100 singletrack. great location for a shop and demo.

Black and Sticky
    That really is very convenient to T100 via 1A Myrtle trail head. Any chance of a weekly shop ride on T100?

I'm trying to picture that intersection and where the new LBS might be. Is it in the same strip center as Walgreens and what used to be Plantation Coffee? Anyway, I will be there to check things out.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nope it's the other strip center. Behind McDonalds, next to Bashas. Other interesting eats in the ceneter is MOTO. Saturday is all you can eat Sushi from 11:?? to 2:??.

Black and Sticky
    Okay, gotcha. Actually that's a better LBS location since you would be able to ride under Glendale Ave. from that side. Went to MOTO a few times after it opened and really liked it. I haven't been there in a while so maybe I'll go test drive a Pivot and some CA rolls. Thanks!

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    see you in the morning
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

Fragile - must be Italian
    So did anybody attend the grand opening this weekend? If so...what are your impressions? I need to make it out there soon...

I'm holding out high hopes for the shop. It's got a great location and a great concept. Let's just hope they can deliver.

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    So did anybody attend the grand opening this weekend? If so...what are your impressions? I need to make it out there soon...

I'm holding out high hopes for the shop. It's got a great location and a great concept. Let's just hope they can deliver.

Thx...Doug
    The SO and I rode there on Saturday. Nice shop, but not a lot of inventory from what I could tell. Couple of SNAFUs when I tried to buy some stuff, but that was to ebe expected on their first day (not even sure they were planning on making any sales, as all of their coffee drinks and sandwiches were on the house....which was really nice.)

My guess is, they are going to cater more to the road and fixie/commutor group, but a nice layout, with a comfy couch, and I'm guessing some outside seating.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 11-17-2008 at 10:35 AM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Just another half mile...
    I too am holding out high hopes for the shop. I stopped by on my way out to Hawes and it was pretty lively between 10 & 11. As you said great concepts and location. I did stop in last week before the grand opening and chatted with the shop guy for a little bit. They plan on setting up regular group rides from the shop, both roadie and MTB including Tuesday night rides to Dreamy Draw area. I'll be stopping in more offen for substinance since they are just up the street from work and home.

Quote Originally Posted by dgangi

Thx...Doug

Roni1az
    Dec 2004
    we stopped by saturday noonish and there was a good group of folks (30 or so) checking things out. i think racelab had a couple rides and a run from the shop early in the morning. test rode a pivot firebird b/c the 429's were out on the trail. dw link is nice. anyway, kiel has done a great job setting up the shop for whichever direction he can take it. i think he is waiting a bit to see what his market will actually be. but like said, great location and plenty of room to throw down some breakdancing after hours.