Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pics from SoMo Corona De Loma trail!

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Noodlemaster 
#1 ·
Started at Pima lot at 5:30, pedaled up National to the Buena lot, down Corona into the wash, back up again to the "summit", and then down again through the f***in AWESOME shred. Two flats later (yes, someone REALLY needs to go tubeless:madman: ) we're on DC heading back to the lot. Incredible ride down, actually cooler and drier on Corona than Natty. Pics with latedropbob below!:thumbsup:

#4 ·
latedropbob said:
nice pics!!! shuper schweaty day!!! nothing like "chilling in the sun" for those double flats...tubeless time!!! Great ride!!! 12 miles of hotness...
Hell yes, that trail will be getting a lot of action from me any anyone else who wants to pay the pedal price for it, esp. as the weather cools down. I thinks it's time for me to get off my ass and go tubeless...this trail's too fun to be flatting all the time.

#9 ·
Looking real nice. Never been down the CdL but sure have looked up it in wonder from the secret connector. I'm putting this on the list marked "soon". Just curious, what was the mileage and time? May help me with planning a morning ride like yours so's I can hit it before work as well.

Thanks for the pics. Forgot I had work to do for a minute. Brilliant! Think changing tires in the sun sucks, try fixing a chain. That is tedious work in the sun and heat, which has almost lead me to "chain rage" before :madmax: :madmax: . Look out now! :eekster: Palo verdes really need larger leaves....

#12 ·
Thanks Bob. Well, a few less flats and some cooler temps and that'll be a nice ~2.5 hour ride. :p I couldn't imagine being out there at 9ish in the morning with the cloudless sky and mugginess hanging around (actually I could, been out there, and that's why I'm not out there now!). I'm game only if the fire in the sky is obscured by our white, puffy friends. True dedication and stamina!

#13 ·
we weren't planning on being out that long...but we could've knocked off an hour minus the flats and pic taking. I feel stronger knowing now that that ride didn't kill me. I was worrying about running out of water right around the top of the waterfall. But with about a litre at the saddle we said F-it and knocked her out. That climb out of the valley is really not that bad. Quite refreshing once you make the summit. But I was soaked head to toe with sweat when we did. I weighed my self last night and then this morning after the ride and was 6lbs. lighter...

#23 ·
Mtn-Rider said:
Yes, logical for fast riders wanting to reduce scrapes. I try to avoid falls altogether by going slower and HABing with no pads, at least in theory.

I'm also wondering about that other trail before CDL when going up Natty, the Old Man Trail. Sounds appropriate for those past their 20's!
CDL only has a couple of HAB spots on the DH, but those spots are rideable too, at least they would have been if I knew they were coming! Trail knowledge (and going tubeless!) will be key for me on the next run. Old Man is a bit more wicked in spots, from what I remember, but all in all it should be good fun, too. This old man hasn't the good fortune of going grey...it's just plain going away! Anyhow, as soon as I kick this pesky cold and get to some cooler weather, I'll be back up there for CDL again, and welcome any company for the good shred!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.