Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Photo Friday (late)-- High Country July 4th Edition

3K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  schillingsworth 
#1 · (Edited)
Did some riding north of flagstaff...

Amazing how lush and wet that area is already.. Early monsoon this year.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
nice! No pics (because my phone had zero coverage on the camping trip and I enjoyed a phone free three days) but we were south of Lake Mary and Mormon Lake- very green, and wet. The north country is getting its rain finally!

#5 ·
Just accept that you don't know the secret handshake and get on with your life. It's sad, I know, but that doesn't make you any less of a person.

#9 ·
Amazing how lush and wet that area is already.. Early monsoon this year.
Not so much due to the early monsoon (however, it did come early) as it is to the late-spring storms. 'Twas the best June we've ever had in these parts, for certain.

Has caused the grass to grow greener, the flowers to bloom earlier, and the bracken to grow taller than any of us have ever seen.

Nature Vegetation Grass Bicycle handlebar Plant

Vegetation Green People in nature Forest Jungle

#15 ·
Started off awesome on some trails at Granite Dells in P-town.

Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Vegetation Human Plant community Forest Jungle

Ended the day decidedly not awesome when my riding partner fell on a freak OTB, broke his wrist, and sustained a moderate concussion.
Leg Cap Human body Shoe Hat

Service Medical equipment Medical Medical procedure Patient

I've never seen a crash like his. Little knee-high roller, and his bike *stopped* like it hit an invisible brick wall. His hands and face hit the ground with his feet still on the pedals.
I was able to splint his arm with a stick and zip ties, padded with his bloody gloves and got to elevation where I could call 911. Yavapai Fire was on scene in about 40 minute to extricate him.

#20 ·
I rode my 26" 3x9 bike this weekend in flag and found this along secret trail

Vegetation Natural environment Plant Plant community Bicycle frame

The spring rains really brought out the ferns.

Then Sunday I rode my 3x9 and was to lazy to shift gears ;) No pictures that day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.