Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Phoenix: bike rental and brew pub question

1K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  kensellu 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am heading to Phoenix next week for a few days. I may have one shot at riding and would like to do the National Trail. I will not bring my bike for one ride. Therefore I am looking for suggestions regarding shops that rent decent bikes.

Also any breweries suggestions?

Thanks,
Sylvain

#2 ·
Evil Sylvain said:
Hi,

I am heading to Phoenix next week for a few days. I may have one shot at riding and would like to do the National Trail. I will not bring my bike for one ride. Therefore I am looking for suggestions regarding shops that rent decent bikes.

Also any breweries suggestions?

Thanks,
Sylvain
Cactus Bikes @ 48th and Elliot Streets will set you up with a bike. You can ride from the shop to the trail.

Nellos just down the road at 48th and Warner is a pizza place, but they have good beer on tap and great pizza! Good for after ride beer and food, but I don't think they are open on Mondays. Check first.

#4 ·
DurtGurl said:
Cactus Bikes @ 48th and Elliot Streets will set you up with a bike. You can ride from the shop to the trail.

Nellos just down the road at 48th and Warner is a pizza place, but they have good beer on tap and great pizza! Good for after ride beer and food, but I don't think they are open on Mondays. Check first.
Sounds great thanks for the info!

I had seen Cactus website but the rates and rental bikes are from 2008. I'll go check what that have on offer when I arrive on Monday.

Most likely I am planning to ride on Tuesday morning having to work during the evening.

Sylvain

#10 ·
My hotel will be in PHX and I don't mind driving around if I have the time. And I love cask ales so I'll try to check Sun Up as well. I am just back from an Oregon MTBiking vacation and the cask ales in Oakridge (Brewers Union) are awesome. Especially the IPA.

Thanks for the suggestions.

#11 ·
Evil Sylvain said:
My hotel will be in PHX and I don't mind driving around if I have the time. And I love cask ales so I'll try to check Sun Up as well. I am just back from an Oregon MTBiking vacation and the cask ales in Oakridge (Brewers Union) are awesome. Especially the IPA.

Thanks for the suggestions.
What hotel are you staying at?

#15 ·
skinny-tire said:
Sorry, should have asked, what part of town? Phoenix is a very large city, with lots of sprawl. Most folks here for work looking for rides have limited time, so depending on where you're staying might make our recommendations more realisict or not.
Apparently I have chosen an hotel close to the center: the Residence Inn on Black Canyon close to Metrocenter.

#20 ·
Sun Up Brewery, 322 East Camelback. Used to be called Sonora Brew House, but changed to Sun Up. I haven't been there since it changed, but used to be very good. It's about 5 miles south and east of Residence Inn. Good food too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.