Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Phoenix area bike shops selling used bikes?

I am looking for cheap, but good used road bike. Craiglist is my first look, but are there any bike shops that sell used bikes? Might be worth a look.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Go Speed Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    I am looking for cheap, but good used road bike. Craiglist is my first look, but are there any bike shops that sell used bikes? Might be worth a look.
    How about this: Bike Exchange - Tempe Bicycle Exchange Specializes in used and reconditioned bicycles, of course We sell new bikes as well. We also carry a full array of new and used bicycle components, accessories, and parts. never used them before, but have always been curious... I have also seen "lightly" used bikes for sale at Exhale bikes, but they have always been mtb...

mtbr member
    Nice Dennis. I am going to have to take a look there.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    "Try Me" bikes in the slop.....
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    yeah I was curious about that bike exchange place as well. They do put some of their bikes up on craigslist as well.

Give it a crank
    Global Bikes always has ads on CL under bicycles - by dealer.

Meatbomb
    +1 on Global.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IamtheYeti View Post
    yeah I was curious about that bike exchange place as well. They do put some of their bikes up on craigslist as well.
    Looks like they just blasted craigslist with bikes today. I found nothing in thier list I wanted, but I do want to go and look what they have not listed.
    Joe

mtbr member
    I have been to Bicycle Exchange and its pretty cool. They have everything from Magnas and Huffys to vintage steel rides from the 70's and 80's and even some more modern stuff sometimes. Never bought, but the prices are reasonable. They carry lots of parts too, especially used. Actually picked up a smaller rotor used to try to see how it worked out. Nice guys too.

Vitamin Bike Added
    Bicycle exchange is kind of a hole in the wall for college kids to get second hand mongooses but they do carry the occasional good rides at reasonable prices. Not happy they've opted to flood CL with capitalized listings though...
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Bikes

All the Sedona shops are always changing out their fleet.

Over the Edge
    Bike & Bean
    Absolute
    Fat Tire

In the rear with the beer
    Not to pat myself on the back here...or potentially spam, but we just opened Salvation Outdoor which sells new used and consigned bike, camping and kayaking gear. We're going to focus on higher end bikes (Trek, specialize, etc,...not Magna, etc.). We just opened, so the selection is pretty sparse right now for bikes, but we are looking to get some good bikes in on consignment soon. Hopefully this isn't considered spam since it does respond to the question.
    We are on the SW corner of 32nd ST and Thunderbird (next to subway)....just opened 2 weeks ago.
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

mtbr member
    Bike exchange was a bust. The pointed me to vintage Bianchi. Nice bike, but very old. They wanted 600. I did not like the old vintage aspect. However on Craigslist they have the same bike for 500. Buyer beware. The had nothing else that fit.
    Joe

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Paragon Cycling in Mesa always has a few used road bikes. Same with Mikes Bike Chalet in Mesa.

What size bike do you need? How old are you willing to go? Steel, Aluminum or Carbon?

mtbr member
    Don't forget to look at Tucson's Craigslist too. Might be worth the drive if you can find out you like.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjpitts View Post
    Paragon Cycling in Mesa always has a few used road bikes. Same with Mikes Bike Chalet in Mesa.

What size bike do you need? How old are you willing to go? Steel, Aluminum or Carbon?
    Size.... I am 5'7" so anywhere from a 52 to 56 depending.
    Age? .... Probably 2003 or newer. Must have thread less head set. no downtube shift levers.
    Ideally frame would be Al and carbon fork. However it is not that critical
    Like tiagra or better components.
    Joe

livin' the dream......
    JoePAz, sending you a PM. I am considering selling my road bike and my bike fits your specs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Size.... I am 5'7" so anywhere from a 52 to 56 depending.
    Age? .... Probably 2003 or newer. Must have thread less head set. no downtube shift levers.
    Ideally frame would be Al and carbon fork. However it is not that critical
    Like tiagra or better components.
    Based on your criteria Joe- you can really get a nice late 90's bike in steel with Shimano 600 or better components for less than $500 on CL all the time. These era bikes usually crept into the 19-22 lb range, but were top of the line in the day and still hold up well to training rides. Drawbacks-less gears for climbing, but if you are using it to get stronger for MTB that can be considered a plus. Also at 5' 7" I would not go larger than 54cm or maybe 55 depending on the bike-they are all a little different. I traded a $60 phone for an 80's near top line Benotto and love it for what I do. It does have frame shift, which is kind of inconveinent but it takes me back to my first real road bike I had as a teen in the 80's!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkm View Post
    JoePAz, sending you a PM. I am considering selling my road bike and my bike fits your specs.
    Terry, PM sent. Thanks.
    Joe

mtbr member
    tjkm hooked me up yesterday. MTBR to the rescue. It got too dark when I got home to do a ride, but I will be doing one this evening.
    Joe

livin' the dream......
    Joe, I hope you are enjoying your new bike!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling View Post
    Not to pat myself on the back here...or potentially spam, but we just opened Salvation Outdoor which sells new used and consigned bike, camping and kayaking gear. We're going to focus on higher end bikes (Trek, specialize, etc,...not Magna, etc.). We just opened, so the selection is pretty sparse right now for bikes, but we are looking to get some good bikes in on consignment soon. Hopefully this isn't considered spam since it does respond to the question.
    We are on the SW corner of 32nd ST and Thunderbird (next to subway)....just opened 2 weeks ago.
    What do you guys charge for consignment? I've got a 2012 Giant Revel that's been collecting dust since I bought my new Fuji FS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkm View Post
    Joe, I hope you are enjoying your new bike!!
    My God that bike is FAST!!! I did a 10 mile loop today at 18.4 mph avg in 33 mintues. Easy test loop and I was shocked at how fast I could accelerate and fly up hills.

I tweaked angle of handle bars a bit (lower) and adjusted the seat rails a bit (back 5 to 10mm). I might need a longer stem. Seems like one on it is a 90mm. The steering is fast so a little longer might slow that down and give me a little more reach. Fine tuning really and to be expected so I am not surprised at all.
    Joe

dup post, my bad
    Salvation Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaz82 View Post
    What do you guys charge for consignment? I've got a 2012 Giant Revel that's been collecting dust since I bought my new Fuji FS
    Chris, we do a 70/30 split...70 to the consignor (you). I'll also give it a clean up and tune up if needed before putting it on the floor to make sure its as spiffy as possible. Shoot me a PM if you are interested!
    Salvation Outdoor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast