pvryder

Phoenix area best trails to hit, early March...?

I'm going to be attending a course at the BLM training center in Phoenix March 5-9 and am going to bring my bike hoping to do some rides before and afterwards. I'll be driving out and back from San Diego County, was thinkin of camping at the Petroglyphs BLM campground on the way Sat night.

From the trails review postings it sounds like South Mountain is the place to check out with a variety of chunky tech and fast single track. Any other epic trails in the area or along my travel route?

I will plan on hitting South Mtn on Sunday the 4th, late morning / early afternoon and again the afternoon of Friday the 9th. I ride a 5 inch trail bike and would consider my riding style aggressive XC / light AM (don't do much air time). Any tips or interest in hooking up for a ride let me know. Thanks -- Tim

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    south mt is the best, take fire road to national/mormon trail head, right onto mormon,about one mile turn right onto the national where the meet again,easy to somewhat all mt climb for about two miles or so, reach saddle,[ where you can see Buna Vista parking lot ] turn around, take national all the way down, fast, flowing, techy. you will love it, about two hours long with a couple breaks. I ride every sat and sun their, PM me if you want to hook up for a ride. later Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0