My other ride is your mom

Perseids overnight bike action?

I'm planning on doing an overnight at the very least up on the rim to watch the Perseids via a bike assisted liquor haul into an open field with a good NE view.....post up if you want to join me.

I'm still open to something Flag wise, Tucson Wise, or hell.....anywhere wise within reason just because I'm a bum living off the state right now. All I require is a place to haul my shaggin waggin between some trees to erect a tent in case it rains on the dogs inside the vehicle.

PS: my only requirement is that it's at altitude for the temperature comfort of Stella Blue and Graham...my unemployed K9 companions.

PSS: Double points for anyone who shows up as the type of person who only talks smack on the interwebs instead of riding...I apologize up front if you find yourself having to use your crankset for something other than standing while riding; or stroking while posting.

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I'm planning on doing an overnight at the very least up on the rim to watch the Perseids via a bike assisted liquor haul into an open field with a good NE view.....post up if you want to join me.

I'm still open to something Flag wise, Tucson Wise, or hell.....anywhere wise within reason just because I'm a bum living off the state right now. All I require is a place to haul my shaggin waggin between some trees to erect a tent in case it rains on the dogs inside the vehicle.

PS: my only requirement is that it's at altitude for the temperature comfort of Stella Blue and Graham...my unemployed K9 companions.

PSS: Double points for anyone who shows up as the type of person who only talks smack on the interwebs instead of riding...I apologize up front if you find yourself having to use your crankset for something other than standing while riding; or stroking while posting.

maadjugs...could we possibly have seen some of this action from the Estrella last weekend around 03:30 while resting up top facing North East?

I might be interested date, time, ride dependant.
    -rhino

@Rhino.....I'm TOTALLY open to anyting at this point....my Alamo is to head up to the rim alone..........I could do an urban PHX thing too just because I could leave the dogs at home. I am however, looking for an overnight.

as for if we saw the same thing........I was on tequila all weekend....so I'm sure we saw different things!

Ohhhh......4-peaks saddle could be an option???????

mtbr member

Last night at Big Lake, south of Eager, we saw some spectacular meteors from our camp site. We probably saw about 15 in the 45 minutes we were watching just after the sky became dark.

The sky up there is amazing, because there are no power lines (just local generators for the store and campground hosts. The elevation of 9100 feet helps too, as does the air cleaned out by the monsoon storms.

You can ride the Indian Springs trail, West Fork of the Black River, through to the abandoned logging road that parallels the Thompson trail just above the river, and the old railroad trail.

The downside is that it's a bit cold and wet. 40 to 70 degrees. But the high dew point makes it seem warmer than it is.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

Quote Originally Posted by hikerdave
    Last night at Big Lake, south of Eager, we saw some spectacular meteors from our camp site. We probably saw about 15 in the 45 minutes we were watching just after the sky became dark.

The sky up there is amazing, because there are no power lines (just local generators for the store and campground hosts. The elevation of 9100 feet helps too, as does the air cleaned out by the monsoon storms.

You can ride the Indian Springs trail, West Fork of the Black River, through to the abandoned logging road that parallels the Thompson trail just above the river, and the old railroad trail.

The downside is that it's a bit cold and wet. 40 to 70 degrees. But the high dew point makes it seem warmer than it is.

dude....thx for the beta.....I figured as much....I spent my childhood at big lake in the summer......

parenting for gnarness
    ..I was on tequila all weekend....

you were high on sweater-vest.

the kid, did drop that tree though.......just like a good vermonter should.......

mtbr member
    I'm heading up to the rim tomorrow for the trails and the light show. Probably going to hit Houston Bros and Fred Haught tomorrow, and Carr Lake area on Friday. Anyone is welcome to join me, but be forewarned...I'm new and slow sometimes.
    But I'll be up there, camping somewhere along the FR 139 or the FR 95, trying to pace the alcohol enough to see the Perseids. Just look for the white car!

SoSlo

Rim Action

What a subject heading!

I am gonna be dropping down the rim off of woods canyon lake area all day sat and sun. Camping at the lake with some women folk to radio on the two way to shuttle us back up.
    The Slow One

Shred...it's the new drug
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowilly
    What a subject heading!

I am gonna be dropping down the rim off of woods canyon lake area all day sat and sun. Camping at the lake with some women folk to radio on the two way to shuttle us back up.
    that's some good women you got there...which trails you hitting with with shuttle action?

mtbr member
    You have a dog named Stella Blue? Awesome!!!!!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

SoSlo

Rim Jobs

We've never done 'em before... so I read up and mapped out several possibilities going in off of the FR 300 Rim Road...

#143 Babe Haught (3 mi.,"Most Difficult" Hiking Rating) down to FR 289 and ride it down to get picked up at HWY 260.

#184 See Spring (3.5 m.,"Most Difficult" Hiking Rating) down to FR 284 and ride it down to get picked up at HWY 260.

#292 Horton Springs (1.5 mi.,"Most Difficult" Hiking Rating) to #285 Horton Creek down to FR 289 and ride it down to get picked up at HWY 260.

#291 Drew Trail (1 mi., "Most Difficult Hiking Rating) to #31 Highline and take it to FR 284 or the long way to #33 & #32 to FR 289.

We'll see how hairy it is, but we can mack any of the gnarlies at dreamy draw and soumou.. so hopefully we can shred them up. Plus I am always willing to risk life and limb to go down a new challenge...

Like I said... I am taking my camera and the handycam so I will report back.
    The Slow One

SoSlo

Rim Report

See my blog
    Will post pics later as well
    The Slow One