Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 180
  1. #101
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    So TD, what are you looking for when you search through your neighbors trash?
    Phil:

    I did have a problem tenant once who was putting his trash in my other tenants garbage. I went over to the complex and sorted through each tenants garbage to find out if what they were telling me was true. I found mail addressed to the offending tenant in several tenants garbage cans.

    When I asked the offending tenant to PLEASE stop putting his garbage into the other tenants garbage he told me the items addressed to him where not his and he never put garbage into any of the other tenants garbage cans.

    I told the tenant if he wanted to break his lease and move out early to let me know, I would be happy to let him out of his lease early. Fortunately he took me up on my offer and moved to a unit about 50 yards from mine. The owner of that unit often complains to me what a pain in the as$ that tenant is. His wife divorced him and his only friend is his barking dog.

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    Rock

    Having been on the receiving end of some pretty F'ed up mean spirited chat with TD. So your statement is not completely true.

    On another note TD has very little respect for just about anyone, and doesn't know where to draw the line when it comes to him defending an awkward or unpopular opinion.
    TD has an emotional connection to the red rocks and trails that you cannot possibly fathom. I'm sorry he digs through your trash and you had to move because he was stalking your wife but I have not seen the chit chat you speak of.

    Yes, the multiple postings are annoying and he's clearly trying to exert some influence on the sedona trail scene when it appears nobody is listening. Whether or not that is true, IMO he has earned the right to do so.

    How about posting some stoke for a change instead of your next rebuttal to Traildoc?

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Phil:

    I did have a problem tenant once who was putting his trash in my other tenants garbage. I went over to the complex and sorted through each tenants garbage to find out if what they were telling me was true. I found mail addressed to the offending tenant in several tenants garbage cans.

    When I asked the offending tenant to PLEASE stop putting his garbage into the other tenants garbage he told me the items addressed to him where not his and he never put garbage into any of the other tenants garbage cans.

    I told the tenant if he wanted to break his lease and move out early to let me know, I would be happy to let him out of his lease early. Fortunately he took me up on my offer and moved to a unit about 50 yards from mine. The owner of that unit often complains to me what a pain in the as$ that tenant is. His wife divorced him and his only friend is his barking dog.
    I really hope you're pulling a fast one on us. But on the off chance this is actually true.....can you say "creepy?"
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  4. #104
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    to celebrate the Mayan's being wrong after the first of the year.
    C64

    I don't think the Mayan's are wrong! Their calendar is accurate to the second on a 5000 year cycle, modern man couldn't make a one year calendar that didn't need a 1 day adjustment over a four year period.

    You have to give props to them, to see and calculate a repetitive cycle in the solar system!! Hell modern man thought the earth was flat and the center of the universe just 200 years ago!

    Happy 0000!!!!

    And yes I have plans for next year! Think I will look into how one would go about predicting when exactly water will be falling from the sky again so that way I can share such wisdom with TD. That way he can give the trail bosses 3 days notice for premium trail maintainence conditions!

    What a country!

  5. #105
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    TD has an emotional connection to the red rocks and trails that you cannot possibly fathom. I'm sorry he digs through your trash and you had to move because he was stalking your wife but I have not seen the chit chat you speak of.

    Yes, the multiple postings are annoying and he's clearly trying to exert some influence on the sedona trail scene when it appears nobody is listening. Whether or not that is true, IMO he has earned the right to do so.

    How about posting some stoke for a change instead of your next rebuttal to Traildoc?
    Rock:

    Thanks for you post. Ride'n'Shine has definitely turned the tide against me. I have lost all my credibility with the people who use to come visit me. The guy who was heading here from Boise ID just emailed me and said he is cancelling his visit. My friend from Vancouver who is staying here for three weeks also cancelled and is heading to South Mountain for the rest of his vacation.

    The world is falling apart for me. I have no friends anymore due to Ride'n'Shine's efforts, whoa is me

  6. #106
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,180
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post

    Propper prior planning prevents piss poor performance!

    Words to live by TD, your BS 2 day wait problem is solved!!
    See post #2


    He only likes to play by HIS rules...

  7. #107
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    TD has an emotional connection to the red rocks and trails that you cannot possibly fathom. I'm sorry he digs through your trash and you had to move because he was stalking your wife but I have not seen the chit chat you speak of.

    Yes, the multiple postings are annoying and he's clearly trying to exert some influence on the sedona trail scene when it appears nobody is listening. Whether or not that is true, IMO he has earned the right to do so.

    How about posting some stoke for a change instead of your next rebuttal to Traildoc?
    Rock

    This connection with the red rocks you say TD has, I have never seen. In fact when the subject of vortexes, chakras and spiritual energy comes up he kinda shakes his head and chuckles, cause he thinks its nonsense. As for not seeing the chat I speak of its because I had the moderators lock the thread due to wrongful personal information posted. I am not asking anyone to confirm what I say is true, trust me in that it is.

    I do not find his multiple thread starting annoying at all, in fact it peaks my curiosity a bit.

    I don't think anyone has the right to create a problem with a program in order to change policy, especially when that person has no involvement with said program.

    Since TD's return to Sedona I have not bothered with most of what he posts about, until this thread.

    I still find his interest in my personal life and his need to guilt me into volunteering my efforts creepy to say the least.

  8. #108
    bland
    Reputation: m77ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,278

    Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Did TD just trick me into writing the longest post of my life????????????????

    Well, if we're going to get all rational in a TD post here is my take on the legendary TrailDoc. I think that John F has done a ton of work for Sedona that I appropriate. His trail improvements are actually improvements and not just sanitation e.g. Dan O/tps/sector25s illegal work on rocky ridge, schultz, sunset, and oldham. I've only had a few encounters with John in real life and he's an alright dude. He even gave me a shuttle for a ride once. I haven't ridden with him but by all accounts he's a strong rider. I've ridden with his wife a couple times (no this is not some weird backhanded joke) and she is a super nice woman and a good rider, I can't imagine she would settle for marriage with an actual jerk.

    The guy that he plays on the internet is pretty gross. TD always needs the spotlight and for people to justify his actions for him. If anyone disagrees with him about anything TD can't actually discuss what they don't agree about and instead just condescends with accusations about them being lazy or not a skilled enough rider to have an opinion. I think that most of the “TD haters” are just tired of seeing him demand attention and lash out at people that don't give him the kudos he wants. I think its pretty fun to hijack his thread with NOG, he's hijacked countless other threads demanding attention so its fun to see him get so upset when we play his own game on him.

    Maybe I have his online persona all wrong and he's actually a faux-jerk genius and he's just playing us all to draw attention to Sedona. Or maybe he doesn't understand that he's talking to real people on mtbr that appear lazy to him because they don't need to post on mtbr every time they perform a trail improvement, legally or not so legally. This is a pretty good listen and I think the online form of TD fits in here somewhere: Legacy of a jerk

    Keep it up John, hang it up TD.

  9. #109
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,781
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    Well, if we're going to get all rational in a TD post here is my take on the legendary TrailDoc. I think that John F has done a ton of work for Sedona that I appropriate. His trail improvements are actually improvements and not just sanitation e.g. Dan O/tps/sector25s illegal work on rocky ridge, schultz, sunset, and oldham. I've only had a few encounters with John in real life and he's an alright dude. He even gave me a shuttle for a ride once. I haven't ridden with him but by all accounts he's a strong rider. I've ridden with his wife a couple times (no this is not some weird backhanded joke) and she is a super nice woman and a good rider, I can't imagine she would settle for marriage with an actual jerk.

    The guy that he plays on the internet is pretty gross. TD always needs the spotlight and for people to justify his actions for him. If anyone disagrees with him about anything TD can't actually discuss what they don't agree about and instead just condescends with accusations about them being lazy or not a skilled enough rider to have an opinion. I think that most of the “TD haters” are just tired of seeing him demand attention and lash out at people that don't give him the kudos he wants. I think its pretty fun to hijack his thread with NOG, he's hijacked countless other threads demanding attention so its fun to see him get so upset when we play his own game on him.

    Maybe I have his online persona all wrong and he's actually a faux-jerk genius and he's just playing us all to draw attention to Sedona. Or maybe he doesn't understand that he's talking to real people on mtbr that appear lazy to him because they don't need to post on mtbr every time they perform a trail improvement, legally or not so legally. This is a pretty good listen and I think the online form of TD fits in here somewhere: Legacy of a jerk

    Keep it up John, hang it up TD.
    thanks for the referral to the website. one of my favorite books.

  10. #110
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Rock:

    Thanks for you post. Ride'n'Shine has definitely turned the tide against me. I have lost all my credibility with the people who use to come visit me. The guy who was heading here from Boise ID just emailed me and said he is cancelling his visit. My friend from Vancouver who is staying here for three weeks also cancelled and is heading to South Mountain for the rest of his vacation.

    The world is falling apart for me. I have no friends anymore due to Ride'n'Shine's efforts, whoa is me
    I could only imagine having that much power in your world TD!

    Seriously though TD, if your friends have cancled their plans because of this thread, you need better friends!! My friend Jeff (that you mentioned buying you a meal) didn't cancle his plans to visit when I told him I was rider down! He came he saw he rode!! No strings attached no loss of faith.

    TD you are one helluva mountain biker, and you know the trails as well as the next local. You ride with visitors and treat them to some serious Sedona stoke (lately without the work string attached) that by themselves would not have experienced. I commend you on your passion and not one single rider will argue it! But.... Be it online or in person, you have no respect or consideration of others that have limited experience. They are peons that need to pay their dues before you would consider them as peers. Instead of asking for a riders MTB resume so you can decide weather they are worthy of you time, try and just get to know them using the sport as common ground to build upon. MTB is different for many riders and their involment level is just as diverse.

    My intentions in this thread were not to alienate you. It is simply to show this topics true nature...trying to create a problem in a policy in order to initiate change to a program that you are not involved in.

  11. #111
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,776
    If TD wants Sedona attention! He should praise our efforts, as Nog discussion has generated tons more interest.

    The Tack Is Back on Highline
    traildoc
    1 Day Ago
    by traildoc
    0 162



    Perfect Day for Adopt'a'Trail Workers to Do Badly Needed Trail Maintenance
    traildoc
    1 Minute Ago
    by RideNShine
    109 1,795
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  12. #112
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,429
    Q: what do you call a russian girl with poor feminine hygiene?
    A: Yuva Sherbeeva

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,457
    When I read a Traildoc thread, it feels like I'm a dog and you're trying to explain to me why thunder is loud.

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,998
    Hyjacking a Traildoc thread: priceless.

    The Nog was funny.

    Suggesting one shove a shovel up one's butt was not

    Jumping on the bandwagon by several forum members that never have anything positive to contribute except another opportunity to bash poor traildoc is pathetic and childish. EazyE just proved my point.

  15. #115
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    When I read a Traildoc thread, it feels like I'm a dog and you're trying to explain to me why thunder is loud.
    EasyE

    I can totally relate to this statement!!!

    The important thing to take from this is that repetitive reinforcement works!!!!

  16. #116
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,180
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post

    The guy that he plays on the internet is pretty gross. TD always needs the spotlight and for people to justify his actions for him. If anyone disagrees with him about anything TD can't actually discuss what they don't agree about and instead just condescends with accusations about them being lazy or not a skilled enough rider to have an opinion. I think that most of the “TD haters” are just tired of seeing him demand attention and lash out at people that don't give him the kudos he wants. I think its pretty fun to hijack his thread with NOG, he's hijacked countless other threads demanding attention so its fun to see him get so upset when we play his own game on him.

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    The guy that he plays on the internet is pretty gross. TD always needs the spotlight and for people to justify his actions for him. If anyone disagrees with him about anything TD can't actually discuss what they don't agree about and instead just condescends with accusations about them being lazy or not a skilled enough rider to have an opinion. I think that most of the “TD haters” are just tired of seeing him demand attention and lash out at people that don't give him the kudos he wants. I think its pretty fun to hijack his thread with NOG, he's hijacked countless other threads demanding attention so its fun to see him get so upset when we play his own game on him.
    Glory be upon Traildoc, hallowed is thy name! If Sedona was Saudi Arabia, Traildoc would be the self-appointed Imam.

    I've got no issues with TD as a person, as he seems to be genuinely passionate and a decent advocate, it's just the me, me, me, I, I, I, self-appointed stuff I get tired of.

  18. #118
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Hyjacking a Traildoc thread: priceless.

    The Nog was funny.

    Suggesting one shove a shovel up one's butt was not.
    Rock

    Fair enough, let me explain.
    TD had that coming, he knows it, and the fact that he has taken it with respect is meaningful to me and a BUNCH of others on this forum! He crossed a line some 8-10 months ago with me and he lost a lot of cred on MTBR.

    TD I'm still calling BS on this thread topic, but as far as the past goes we're even with me.

    This post was brought to TD by GOTCURVES.

  19. #119
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Hyjacking a Traildoc thread: priceless.

    The Nog was funny.

    Suggesting one shove a shovel up one's butt was not

    Jumping on the bandwagon by several forum members that never have anything positive to contribute except another opportunity to bash poor traildoc is pathetic and childish. EazyE just proved my point.
    While I have more important issues in life than Sedona. To think TD has not insulted others in the past, is incorrect. Why do you think Mr. Finch has multple threads with similar responses from others? Because everyone on MTBR got together for a hot chocolate and decided to gang up on him! Why was he thrown out of the park for 6 months and fined, because the FS wanted to have a hot chocolate and gang up on him.

    Being overly passionate about something may not always be a good thing. One needs to learn control along with their passion. What I see is John can dish it out. But gets a little sensitive when people poke back. Be it in jest or not.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  20. #120
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    Well, if we're going to get all rational in a TD post here is my take on the legendary TrailDoc. I think that John F has done a ton of work for Sedona that I appropriate. His trail improvements are actually improvements and not just sanitation e.g. Dan O/tps/sector25s illegal work on rocky ridge, schultz, sunset, and oldham. I've only had a few encounters with John in real life and he's an alright dude. He even gave me a shuttle for a ride once. I haven't ridden with him but by all accounts he's a strong rider. I've ridden with his wife a couple times (no this is not some weird backhanded joke) and she is a super nice woman and a good rider, I can't imagine she would settle for marriage with an actual jerk.

    The guy that he plays on the internet is pretty gross. TD always needs the spotlight and for people to justify his actions for him. If anyone disagrees with him about anything TD can't actually discuss what they don't agree about and instead just condescends with accusations about them being lazy or not a skilled enough rider to have an opinion. I think that most of the “TD haters” are just tired of seeing him demand attention and lash out at people that don't give him the kudos he wants. I think its pretty fun to hijack his thread with NOG, he's hijacked countless other threads demanding attention so its fun to see him get so upset when we play his own game on him.

    Maybe I have his online persona all wrong and he's actually a faux-jerk genius and he's just playing us all to draw attention to Sedona. Or maybe he doesn't understand that he's talking to real people on mtbr that appear lazy to him because they don't need to post on mtbr every time they perform a trail improvement, legally or not so legally. This is a pretty good listen and I think the online form of TD fits in here somewhere: Legacy of a jerk

    Keep it up John, hang it up TD.
    77:

    Thanks for the the insightful post. Here is the situation I may still be dealing with in Sedona. I did my time being banned for six months from the AZ Northern National Forest, I paid my $1,000 fine before the judge asked for the fine. I have paid my debt to society. I was told by the Federal attorney that my class 2 misdemeanor would not affect my employment status and I would be treated as a regular citizen once I finished my banning.

    Now in Sedona we have a situation where the number one trail builder may be still working for the FS doing extensive FS new trail builds, re-routes, trail improvements and trail enhancements.

    I have been corresponding with the head of the FS about this issue to see if there is an aspect of discrimination to the FS having the biggest Sedona trail builder working for them when all I did was a small trail improvement on the Tea Cup trail with implied consent and other FS new trail projects like Aerie.

    The head of the FS went silent when I asked her if she knew about this trail building rockstar. He has done more for Sedona mountain biking and hiking trails then anyone in our history. He should be given the trail building of the year award and there should be benches with his name on it at every great view point of the trails he has built.

    Here is the problem, when I rode the Chapel trail yesterday to get to Little Horse trail to ride the White Line trail, I noticed rocks in the Chapel trail water diverters that were blocking the function of the water diverter. I wanted to stop and clear the water diverter to keep the water from running down the trail and expediting the erosion of the trail.

    I know I am not allowed to do necessary maintenance on system trails because the head of the FS says noway no how I have shown remorse for my previous Tea Cup work, so I am banned from doing needed maintenance and the trails suffer because I can't call Ride'n'Shine to do the work because he won't adopt any trails even that one which is close to the paved road.

    The head of the FS won't let me email Adrian who's job it is to take care of Sedona trails because I keep asking her if the guy who built all the Sedona trails is still doing needed maintenance. Adrian said she was OK with me adopting Anaconda, but I had to get the ranger in charge to OK my being a trail boss. I didn't get that OK, so now the Sedona trails have to suffer because I can't clear the water diverters when I see a drainage problem.

    My point is that water diverters are put in for a reason. When they are clogged with rocks and debris they should be cleared to reduce erosion. I have the training and desire to clear those clogged diverters but for some reason the head of the FS doesn't believe I have showed enough remorse to be allowed to clear the debris while she let's the guy deserving a medal possibly still work on the trails.

    Something seems screwy to me, and so far I can't figure it out, but when I do MTBR viewers will be the first to know what I find out. This valuable AZ forum has the transparency we all are looking for.

    TD

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,457
    LEAVE TRAILDOC ALONE!!!!!!!!


  22. #122
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    My wife has left me in Sedona for the Christmas Holiday. I don't really celebrate the Christmas commercial shopping thing, but I do enjoy having mountain bikers over for a fun barbecue. Based on the party spirit of this thread, I thought maybe we could all get together for a Mountain Biking Celebration.

    I will buy the roast if 77Ranger puts together an Egg Nog party of silent passionate trail improvement specialists.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,960
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    This is a pretty good listen and I think the online form of TD fits in here somewhere: Legacy of a jerk

    Keep it up John, hang it up TD.
    I _really_ doubt we'll see pictures of college girls with his face on their panties after he's dead. He's no Steve.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  24. #124
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    TD

    Try and understand this analogy...You made yourself the Al Capone of Sedona trail builders!

    Let me explain,
    It was not all the "social trails" that locals "rode and walked into exisistance" that the USFS had a problem with in the perverbial straw that broke the camels back, it was your online map that pushed them over the edge. This is the general understanding I have gathered from the Sedona locals and authorities. You were just so charged up to be the MAN who was doing what he felt the USFS neglected to do and that was to create a map of all the trails in Sedona in order to improve the user experience and help visitors from getting lost!! This problem was real and needed to be taken care of. But in your haste and enthusiasm you neglected one simple fact....it's not your land to manage nor your job to do and when it hit the Internet the FS lost thier ability to effectively manage the land the way the policy that their authority had mandated. Here is the catch! What you did wasn't illegal it just wasn't policy and the USFS may have been put in a tough spot with the online map. To add fuel to this fire you went crazy with MTBR invites of tours of the trails on your map. Again nothing wrong with doing that for free or for favors, it's just not activity the USFS can support. Then you threw a powder keg on this fire by, providing your map to local bike shops that would take it and again nothing really illegal here but yet again this is activity that the USFS cannot support.

    So what does an organization have to do to gain some sort of management back, eliminate the problem. Do not feel you have been mistreated by the hands of the FS when you yourself admitted to the unauthorized trail work. The (as you call him) #1 trail builder you speak of probably never ADMITTED to any unauthorized trail work (i.e. no evidence) and since you were the thorn in thier side, you became an example.

    Most locals feel; while your intentions were not wrong, your actions in turn forced the hand to take action and this has set back the growth of the sport in Sedona.

    It's your choice and freedom to force yourself upon the establishment, just remember your actions might have consequences you are unaware of or feel unwarranted simply because the policy the USFS has to follow is in conflict.

    Happy trails!

    To add; original topic...solved.

    Nog topic: Has this nogfest been approved by the Nog Masters Council?
    Has the host properly trained the festival staff?
    Has consideration of future events been voted on by a majority of the NMC members?
    Have the ingredients for the "Flight of the Faildocs" NMC Nog recipe, been approved by the QC council?

    I move we gather recipes for the roast and provide to the NMC our reccomendations that will provide the party goer with his or her best party experience!

    Happy holidays!!!!
    Last edited by RideNShine; 12-19-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: To add thread topics content

  25. #125
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,776
    I believe this is a Trojan horse situation. Sending out these invitations while knowing the roast would be spiked causing appalling harm for those without the TD antidote.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •