Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Unpredictable
    TD, we have a complete trail network map marked with way points needing attention and the LM allow us to work as we choose and report back via email with pics of the work. For a major change (new trail section for example) they come and inspect the flagging, check our updates and then return when we finish the entire job. This way we (and the rangers) are not wasting time on repetition. Also allows us to change location if the weather is a factor - like you said, until you see what water is doing and how your work changes it, you cannot really know what's right. Working in the rain is a matter of necessity.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    TD

I have personally heard that you have been given an inch and you took a mile from the FS on more than one occasion when it comes to volunteer work on FS land.
    Shine:

Could you be more specific about your last sentence. Sounds like BS to me. Why did your buddy Jeff buy me dinner? I think Cakewalk and I showed him a good time in Sedona while he was here and buying me dinner seemed like a good way thank me for showing him some fun trails to ride. I certainly didn't expect him to buy me dinner, but I certainly appreciated it.

That's what it is all about R&S. Riding the trails and taking good care of them has always been my goal.

Guys like you like to ride the trails, but what are you doing to take care of them? Have you signed up to Adopt'a'Trail yet or are you sitting back expecting others to do all the work? I will buy you the same dinner that Jeff bought me if you sign up or are already signed up.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 12-17-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~ View Post
    Holy F*ckballs! I remembered my MTBR Password...it's been so long, I had almost forgotten it. But once I saw hot cocoa and hot toddies on the line, I HAD to sign in and give my thumbs up for that. Don't forget to add the mini marshmallows...but not the fugly pastel-ie colored ones. They suck...

I think we definitely should have a night ride up in DD and meet back at ST's place for front yard fires, hot cocoa, toddies and discussing important matters unrelated to Sedona.
    ST, You do have a hot tub, don't you???
    I agree, we need to get a confirmation from CO/ST on available days he can put on this event.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Meatbomb
    I'm curios how close his brother in law is to finding that cure for his mental illness.

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    TD
    My last sentence is not BS and you fn know it. Several people have informed me that when you were given permission to be a volunteer, you took it upon yourself to do whatever you felt needed to be done, without informing the FS first. Don't start your BS with me cause you know I'm not going to put up with it!!

As for your Fn lame atempt to make me feel guilty or to make me look bad by asking what have I done for the local trail system. As I recall I do remember doing some trail work with you so I don't understand why you would say such things.

If you don't like me calling you on your narcissistic trail agenda then simply stop dropping your BS lures into the MTBR forum pool.

You ask if I am going to adopt a trail, damn well knowing I'm recovering from injury!!! You are truely a narcissistic ass and you prove it a lot!

My friend Jeff bought you a meal and you wonder why? It's really quite simple TD, I have good people for friends, which is something I gather is rare to you from your inability to understand random acts of kindness. Cakewalk was also showed appreciation from my friend for taking him on some nice rides. Because of my injury I was not able to ride with him this visit, so I had him hook up with the MBH's Sunday shop ride.

You are right about one thing you said "it's all about riding", not all about trail work and volunteering. Personally you have turned me against your efforts (and you know exactly why so it does not need to be mentioned) so I have no reason to communicate my intentions with you, they will be brought to the appropriate FS land manager when I want to. I find the way you communicate your desires and ideas very abrasive and counter productive and I am not the only one who feels this way.

FYI TD choose your thread topics carefully, I have a whole bunch of time on my hands and I will call you on any of your BS.

This thread was the first one I read from you that was an obvious effort to create a problem (that only exists if you have no common sense) in order to use said problem to change FS land manager policy or requirements to what YOU feel they should be.

This thread topic is BS that is why I don't mind pointing it out!

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    TD

One quick question.

Knowing how new to the sport I am and asking me if I am going to adopt a trail, makes me wonder....Have you posed the same question to the likes of say, Johnny, Rama, Danger Dave, little Debbie, Cat or any other locals with the same condesending tone?

banned
    TD
    My last sentence is not BS and you fn know it. Several people have informed me that when you were given permission to be a volunteer, you took it upon yourself to do whatever you felt needed to be done, without informing the FS first. Don't start your BS with me cause you know I'm not going to put up with it!!

As for your Fn lame atempt to make me feel guilty or to make me look bad by asking what have I done for the local trail system. As I recall I do remember doing some trail work with you so I don't understand why you would say such things.

If you don't like me calling you on your narcissistic trail agenda then simply stop dropping your BS lures into the MTBR forum pool.

You ask if I am going to adopt a trail, damn well knowing I'm recovering from injury!!! You are truely a narcissistic ass and you prove it a lot!

My friend Jeff bought you a meal and you wonder why? It's really quite simple TD, I have good people for friends, which is something I gather is rare to you from your inability to understand random acts of kindness. Cakewalk was also showed appreciation from my friend for taking him on some nice rides. Because of my injury I was not able to ride with him this visit, so I had him hook up with the MBH's Sunday shop ride.

You are right about one thing you said "it's all about riding", not all about trail work and volunteering. Personally you have turned me against your efforts (and you know exactly why so it does not need to be mentioned) so I have no reason to communicate my intentions with you, they will be brought to the appropriate FS land manager when I want to. I find the way you communicate your desires and ideas very abrasive and counter productive and I am not the only one who feels this way.

FYI TD choose your thread topics carefully, I have a whole bunch of time on my hands and I will call you on any of your BS.

This thread was the first one I read from you that was an obvious effort to create a problem (that only exists if you have no common sense) in order to use said problem to change FS land manager policy or requirements to what YOU feel they should be.

This thread topic is BS that is why I don't mind pointing it out!
    Shine:

Your answer is like our politicians. I need specifics, not a bunch of mumbo jumbo
    What does having a broken ankle have to do with adopting a trail? You get your friends to do the work while you are healing. Start the ball rolling time is wasting.

bland
    Hey, since we all know that TD is incapable of debate and will only divert questions like the politicians he mentions lets stay on topic.

Does any one have a good eggnog recipe? I tried making it once and it was a disaster. I think it might have been my bad technique. I might have put the eggs in too quick?

Also brandy or bourbon?

Help me improve my winter break user experience for the 70% of my friends that enjoy nog!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    Hey, since we all know that TD is incapable of debate and will only divert questions like the politicians he mentions lets stay on topic.

Does any one have a good eggnog recipe? I tried making it once and it was a disaster. I think it might have been my bad technique. I might have put the eggs in too quick?

Also brandy or bourbon?

Help me improve my winter break user experience for the 70% of my friends that enjoy nog!
    brandy or bourbon both work, but unlike a lot of mixed drinks where you can use cheap liquor, 'nog does not mask the harshness of a cheaper bottle. Chollaball sez save money with store bought nog and put it into a better liquor.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post

Also brandy or bourbon?

Now we're cooking with peanut oil.

Best Eggnog Recipes - Allrecipes.com
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Shine:

Your answer is like our politicians. I need specifics, not a bunch of mumbo jumbo
    What does having a broken ankle have to do with adopting a trail? You get your friends to do the work while you are healing. Start the ball rolling time is wasting.
    TD

WTF is wrong with you? Do you even realize that how and when I volunteere my efforts is my business and will never be manipulated or controlled by you?

As for a fact that you are obviously unaware of the majority of people I consider friends don't even participate in the sport of MTB, the one's that do have either contributed greatly to the sport or are currently participating. Another fact you are unaware of is I have never been through any training so even if I were so inclined I would have to wait till I have fully recovered before I can even get the training.

Now what part of my previous posts would you like me to be more specific about? You obviously have shown a considerable interest in me, example; I never mentioned what kind of injury I'm recovering from. Your interest in me is creepy to say the least!

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    M77

Try mixing in some Disorono then blend with ice, or mix straight up and warm.

Either way will make the holiday season just a little brighter!

Merry Christmas

mtbr member
    M77

Try mixing in some Disorono then blend with ice, or mix straight up and warm.

Either way will make the holiday season just a little brighter!

Merry Christmas
    Guys, he said for the 70%ers.

77, here you go:
    Lay on back
    Open mouth
    Pour a 3/4th mouth full of Shamrock Eggnog
    Pour a 1/4th mouth full of the cheapters brandy you can find. Dekuyper works
    Dash of cinnamon
    Shake head violently
    Swallow

You're good to go.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

bland
    Thanks for the support CO, Shine, 64, and Mr. C. Ball. When you guys help me out with my efforts it puts a BIG smile on my face.

The party is tonight at 8 and I will give the viewers a post nog report!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    For a hot & tasty alternative to the holiday Nog, your friendly neighborhood Goat suggests the Tom & Jerry.

Tom and Jerry Batter Recipe, How To Make Tom and Jerry Drinks, Holiday Drinks, Holiday Beverage, Christmas Tom and Jerry Drink

I also agree with Chollaball. Life is too short to drink cheap booze.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Guys, he said for the 70%ers.

77, here you go:
    Lay on back
    Open mouth
    Pour a 3/4th mouth full of Shamrock Eggnog
    Pour a 1/4th mouth full of the cheapters brandy you can find. Dekuyper works
    Dash of cinnamon
    Shake head violently
    Swallow

You're good to go.

Works with Margaritas too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuctionGoat View Post
    For a hot & tasty alternative to the holiday Nog, your friendly neighborhood Goat suggests the Tom & Jerry.

Tom and Jerry Batter Recipe, How To Make Tom and Jerry Drinks, Holiday Drinks, Holiday Beverage, Christmas Tom and Jerry Drink

I also agree with Chollaball. Life is too short to drink cheap booze.
    That just sounds f-ing delightful.

banned
    I really don't appreciate what you TD haters are doing to my very important thread. I go out with tourons from New York and Vancover BC to have a great ride on the Hogs and I come back to a bunch of Hot Chocolate and Egg Nog BS.

Ride'n'Shine goes for a ride on his bike in his front yard and breaks his angle and he comes up with some BS about not being able to be a trail boss on one of the great Sedona trails.

Ripnparadise is the only one that has posted that gets how the system should work. The only problem is he is from down under and the LM's in Sedona feel they have to do it differently. What a Stubborn Country! Thank you Ripnparadise for a short piece of sanity.

Ride'n'Shine I think a good trail for you to Adopt would be the Chapel trail. You can park your car right next to the trail, so when you get a walking cast you can access the trail very quickly. Right now the water diverters are filled with small rocks blocking the drainage ditches causing fast moving water to run down the trail and cause accelerated erosion.

I certainly would have cleared the rocks if I was given the OK to do so, but instead I have been asked by the head FS representative to email her about trail concerns, so that they can either send out a qualified rock remover or tell me to FO.

No wonder our country is broke.

TD

Meatbomb
    Anyone have a good pork rub sauce they like?

Yo TD.. Do you thing the people from New York and BC would appreciate the fact you consider them tourons? Were they really that stoopid enough to cause you to think of them as moron tourist?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

Yo TD.. Do you thing the people from New York and BC would appreciate the fact you consider them tourons? Were they really that stoopid enough to cause you to think of them as moron tourist?
    P:

This is what I think:

The next time you ride an outstanding trail be sure to realize the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into shaping the earth for your enjoyment. And if you come across a crew of diggers hard at work, show your appreciation by thanking them and offering a few minutes of your help. It may be as little as moving some wood or packing out some trash, but the deed will not go unnoticed.

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    TD

I would HIGHLY suggest that you stop stalking me, I have seen you digging through my trash, and my neighbors are getting concerned. I have informed them that I am more than capable of defending myself and my family and now TD you are informed as well.

I have no interest in being a trail boss, helping a trail boss, or even getting involved with anything about trail work. When I was introduced to MTB while living in Sedona, it was never mentioned I was required to do trail work and correct me if I am mistaken but it still is not required now.

TD
    Your first mistake with Sedona was your trail map. That really pissed off the wrong people at the FS.

Your second mistake with Sedona was admitting to the LEO you did unauthorized trail work.

I can only imagine what your third mistake will be, probably pissing off the wrong local.

This is Sedona not Moab, why are YOU pushing so hard to change it?

Why don't you take your money and buy a few square miles of land, take a shovel and insert it in your rectum, then while walking backwards bend over repeatedly until till you tire, rest, eat, repeat. This way you can build all the trail you want to for the masses and the whole time you are working you can see what a masterpiece your butt has made!!

Happy trails!!

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

PHIL

I can assure you that is exactly how he refers to tourists (behind their backs) but not the tourists who suck up to him, and are willing to do trail work in exchange for showers, laundry, spa visits and what not. Though this is true I cannot confirm that it is still going on. When TD left for his trip, I moved my family out of his neighborhood and into another. My wife didn't feel comfortable living near such a person.

Meatbomb
    P:

This is what I think:

The next time you ride an outstanding trail be sure to realize the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into shaping the earth for your enjoyment. And if you come across a crew of diggers hard at work, show your appreciation by thanking them and offering a few minutes of your help. It may be as little as moving some wood or packing out some trash, but the deed will not go unnoticed.
    I'll await the answer to my question:

Do you think the people from New York and BC would appreciate the fact you consider them tourons? Were they really that stoopid enough to cause you to think of them as moron tourist?

Meatbomb
    PHIL

I can assure you that is exactly how he refers to tourists (behind their backs) but not the tourists who suck up to him, and are willing to do trail work in exchange for showers, laundry, spa visits and what not. Though this is true I cannot confirm that it is still going on. When TD left for his trip, I moved my family out of his neighborhood and into another. My wife didn't feel comfortable living near such a person.
    I could not fathom having to put up with his obsessions in person.

mtbr member
    I certainly would have cleared the rocks if I was given the OK to do so, but instead I have been asked by the head FS representative to email her about trail concerns, so that they can either send out a qualified rock remover or tell me to FO.

TD
    What the hell is she thinking?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast