mtbr member

Passing through Sedona...ride advice.

I've been studying maps at MTB project. Here is the plan I came up with to combine "twin buttes loop" and cathedral rock loop rides

Starting at what is shown as the start finish for twin buttes loop (northeast corner of loop) start loop as shown clockwise and crossing 179 to pick up trail going south to Hi Line trail. Take Hi Line instead of slim shady and complete loop back to crossing at 179 then finish twin buttes loop.

Sound good? Make Sense? Advice?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboulder View Post
    I've been studying maps at MTB project. Here is the plan I came up with to combine "twin buttes loop" and cathedral rock loop rides

Starting at what is shown as the start finish for twin buttes loop (northeast corner of loop) start loop as shown clockwise and crossing 179 to pick up trail going south to Hi Line trail. Take Hi Line instead of slim shady and complete loop back to crossing at 179 then finish twin buttes loop.

big both of those loops are excellent choices for an advanced rider. Have fun an let us know whether you enjoyed those challenging trails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Connecting HiLine and the Broken Arrow stuff is imho the best Sedona combo possible and for me a very big day.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

big both of those loops are excellent choices for an advanced rider. Have fun an let us know whether you enjoyed those challenging trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    [QUOTE=Switchblade2 Duplicate Sorry

mtbr member
    What is "broken arrow stuff"

mtbr member
    What is "broken arrow stuff"
    The Hogs and depending on how you do the Double H (Hogs and HiLine) a couple of other trails like Little Horse, Peccary, and Twin Buttes. Or, Llama if your riding from VOC.

mtbr member
    what time of day and year? Sedona is hot now. You can probably get ride in early in the AM, but mid day or afternoon will be very warm.
    Joe
    '12 Santa Cruz Highball 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5",Vassago Verhauen SS 29" XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Some time next week...will start very early

Elitest thrill junkie
    Some time next week...will start very early
    Damn, yeah, be careful. It easily feels 10 degrees hotter than advertised with the rock reflecting. It's that time of year.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Did this ride today as described above. Pretty awesome...not as technically challenging as I expected but pretty darn fun and some good challenging spots. Finished on pigtail, peccery, hog wash. Fun!

mtbr member
    Did this ride today as described above. Pretty awesome...not as technically challenging as I expected but pretty darn fun and some good challenging spots. Finished on pigtail, peccery, hog wash. Fun!
    I'm going to be there the end of the week and through the following week, I think I'm going to follow this same loop.

If you don't mind me asking; what time did you start the ride, how long did it take, and how were the temps? I'm planning to be riding by 7 - 8 and getting in 1 - 2 hrs each day if possible.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Hit broken arrow trail at 6:15 am and temps were fine. 5 plus hours with lots of playing around on slick rock...so not sure what it would be like if you just ripped through it.

mtbr member
    Hit broken arrow trail at 6:15 am and temps were fine. 5 plus hours with lots of playing around on slick rock...so not sure what it would be like if you just ripped through it.
    Thanks for info. I'll probably break that ride up into two different days. Do one side of 179 and add slim shady one day and do the other side of 179 another day.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Did a quickie on twin buttes loop this morning and had a blast. Thank you Sedona....you rock! Now back to work for me.