mtbr member

Pass the word BCT

People are throwing their beer bottles in the trash can in the bathroom in Black Canyon City. The trash can is really for bathroom products that should not be put into the toilet etc. People maintaining the trash are having a hard time due to the bottles taking up too much room (can fills too fast) and being too heavy for the bag etc. Pack in and pack out please. Help spread the word please.

EDR
    While I appreciate the spirit of you post, those drinking bottled beer at the TH out there probably aren't to concerned with pack it out philosophy...they're just having a good time and thankfully they at least are using the trash can.

There seems to be a need for more trash containers at the location. That would solve the overflowing issue in the bathroom. Hopefully the states financial situation allows for another trash can or two, lol.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I understand. It will make the maintenance much easier if they just pack them back in their coolers they brought them in. I realize some bottles may still end up in the trash but it will make maintenance much easier if we all try to pitch in and help spread the word. Folks use to pack them out before the bathroom was installed.

It would be great to have a recycle can but the site was built for parking so itís hard to sell the feds on a recycle can so we can have a drinking location. I know we have plans for more bathrooms to be built in the future and we donít want negative issues showing up that may lead to bathrooms not being part of the master plan.

EDR
    MORE BEER DRINKING LOCATIONS! I like that idea. Not likely to be supported by many though. Oh well, we can only dream of a Utopia.

mtbr member
    I feel the need to post some sort of beer picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt View Post
    I feel the need to post some sort of beer picture.
    That first pic is downright frightening.

Meatbomb
    People don't want to pack out empties in their coolers for fear of the law looking in them ..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    People don't want to pack out empties in their coolers for fear of the law looking in them ..
    They could hide them like prisoners do?

mtbr member
    It makes no sense to trash new facilities if we want to have other new facilities installed.

EDR
    From what monkeybutt posted it does not sound like anyone is trashing anything. It just sounds like there is enough of a demand in that spot for more garbage bins. More people = more needed services.

mtbr member
    I see where OP is coming from, but honestly, I'm glad they're putting the empties in a can instead of flinging them in the desert.

mtbr member
    I will clear it up a little because there is not really a need for more services.

When there was no bathroom and no trash can, people still had a few brews at the trail head but took the bottles home. There was never a litter issue with bottles at the trail head and I think for the most part the mtb crowd would never litter.

The issues; the bottles are heavy and when the person changing the bag out tries to change the bag it tears and is no longer a bag and is a huge mess. The bottles do not compress like tissue etc. and fill the can faster. The main issue being that the bottles are heavy and it makes the can hard to maintain.

So if we could all just suggest to our fellow bikers to take the bottles home like the days of old (pre bathroom/trash can) then it would make it much easier on the service persons.
    This is a win-win because now the biker can put the bottles in the recycle and be more earth friendly also.

mtbr member
    I will clear it up a little because there is not really a need for more services.

When there was no bathroom and no trash can, people still had a few brews at the trail head but took the bottles home. There was never a litter issue with bottles at the trail head and I think for the most part the mtb crowd would never litter.

The issues; the bottles are heavy and when the person changing the bag out tries to change the bag it tears and is no longer a bag and is a huge mess. The bottles do not compress like tissue etc. and fill the can faster. The main issue being that the bottles are heavy and it makes the can hard to maintain.

So if we could all just suggest to our fellow bikers to take the bottles home like the days of old (pre bathroom/trash can) then it would make it much easier on the service persons.
    This is a win-win because now the biker can put the bottles in the recycle and be more earth friendly also.
    I can get behind that. To be honest a friend and I each threw a beer bottle in that trash can the other day, didn't even cross my mind not to - trash is trash, right? That's where you put empties - usually.

Maybe post a sign in the bathroom - no bottles/cans/outside trash? Bathroom products only? This would help.

Maybe there is a sign and I just missed it, maybe not. But it's an idea!

On a different note, like that there is a bathroom now!

mtbr member

Would putting a sign up--even a hand written sign--be helpful?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    We talked about a sign at the meeting so that will probably happen.

mtbr member
    in a time when our gov is broke and no one really wants to pay more taxes, asking for a trash can AND some one to service it, write the proposal for it, second the motion, put the cans and service out to bid, and perform an impact study is just too stupid.

I'll take my trash with me. If one is afraid of the popo finding the empties maybe they should not be driving home at all. It's not illegal to carry empty bottles in your car, unless you have beer on your breath!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Maybe just bring one of these....

Over the Hill
    Maybe AZ needs a bottle return policy. In Ca folks cruise trailheads and clean out the trash cans so they can get the return 5-10 cents per bottle.