No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Pass Mountain today

Haven't ridden out there in a few months, so decided to give it a go this morning. For the last 18 months or so, I've been riding PM counter-clockwise. I like the technical climb and you can really shred the back side.

Today I decided to ride clockwise. Man, the trail has really changed, I assume from the monsoon. All the lines I remembered are gone. Even on the "easy" side, it appears most of the dirt has actually been washed away from between the rocks.

PM is never easy, but today was a smack down. I might wait another couple months to see if any of that missing dirt returns.

Give it a crank
    I've never ridden PM but if it's the dirt that's gone and all the rocks look fresh and clean, then no doubt it was the monsoon rains of July 20th & 21st.

The rains damaged a lot of trails at PMP that are already returning to "normal" and are now mostly rideable. Hikers on the trails do a nice job in smoothing the trails back into shape. The PM trails might take longer than PMP for the "hiker effect" to restore them since PMP gets a lot more hikers.

Looking for new lines in sections you could ride with your eyes closed is really strange though. It's almost like riding on new trails.