Large wheels & one gear

Good job! Panaracer Rampage tires

Gotta say. I love these tires! Been running Exi's for awhile and caught the Rampages on sale at Jenson for $22.95. Bought them, put them on, rode on them today out at Casa Grande and couldn't believe how well they hooked up. I was most impressed with cornering. They stuck real well and I was able to pick up the speed going downhill with more confidence than when I was running the Exi's. Anyway, Great tire! Highly recommend them.
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

[SIZE=1]ChemBright Carpet & Upholstery LLC[/SIZE]

Shovel Ready
    Read some good reports on the Rampage.

I liked the Specialized Resolution's so much on my Niner. I put the 26" version on my Turner. Would also suggest checking out the Resolution if you are in need of a great cornering fast rolling tire.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

I am Walt
    Agreed...they are the perfect tire for my RIP9. Climb great, corner great, track well through whatever, including the loose, rocky sh*t. And durable - I have not pinch flatted with one yet.

I am also running a Rampage front on my SS, and will likely switch the back over also, once I exhaust some Ignitors and Exi's.
    Ride more; post less...

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Konapdlr
    ...caught the Rampages on sale at Jenson for $22.95...
    darn, i just went to jensonusa.com but they're $31.99 and they don't have them in stock. you sure it was jenson?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    darn, i just went to jensonusa.com but they're $31.99 and they don't have them in stock. you sure it was jenson?
    No, it was Pricepoint. I picked up 4 last week at $22.95.
    Ride more; post less...

Ouch, I am hot!
    I use a Weirwolf in front and a Rampage in back. Going to stick to this combo. I like it. I have a new set waiting.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Large wheels & one gear
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    Yeah, sorry, it was Pricepoint. I have Jenson in my head because they are shipping the Salsa Mariache complete for free!!! (no, I am not getting one).
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

[SIZE=1]ChemBright Carpet & Upholstery LLC[/SIZE]

Occidental Tourist
    they were great on goat camp and i've since converted them to stans tubeless. course those small blocks look nice too....
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

im4Gsus
    i missed the sale, oh well.

i'm getting the new WTB weirwolf-LT, maybe tomorrow or wednesday.
    can't wait!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have been running them on my GF Sugar 293 for 2 months now and love them. Great float over the sandy wash areas around here.

YuriB, any details on your stans tubeless conversion? I'm running a wide WTB rim, (28mm?) and have been told that stans was no good for this setup.

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    they were great on goat camp and i've since converted them to stans tubeless. course those small blocks look nice too....
    I have a Small Block 8 on the rear of my Titus. It's been an AWESOME tire thus far. Low rolling resistance and outstanding grip. I never had any slippage issues on the Quad Bypass ride this weekend, even in the loose crappy stuff. It's grip belies the small but tight tread pattern.

Another guy on the ride had the Small Block 8 on both front and rear and he said it was awesome. I have a Nevegal on the front and am unimpressed thus far. Next tire on the front may have to be a Rampage or Small Block 8.

Thx...Doug

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTheHillInAz
    I have been running them on my GF Sugar 293 for 2 months now and love them. Great float over the sandy wash areas around here.

YuriB, any details on your stans tubeless conversion? I'm running a wide WTB rim, (28mm?) and have been told that stans was no good for this setup.
    i've got no info on the WTB rims. i've got mavic a719 rims and followed the instructions on the stan's website.
    there is a pretty good tubless thread over in the 29er forum. search something like "share successfull tubeless" or "tubeless conversion" and check the stans website.
    it ain't cheap when you factor in new tires but if it holds up it'll be priceless and you'll glean enough knowledge to possibly do it cheaper next time.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?