Ouch, I am hot!

Palm Canyon Again! - No Good Photos

Well, we loved this epic so much we had to do it again before it got too hot. Unfortunately, it was pretty damn hot. All was fine for the first 15 or so miles. Then the wash - a slogfest of three miles in sand, sand and sand (4 if you do what we did and zig zagged the whole damn thing looking for harder ground). Did I say it was hot.

I bonked. During the final hour of the ride, I was worth about ten standing pedal rotations before I had to take a break. I was feeling the pain and the heat. We finished in 6 hours and then drove th Phoenix.

No mechanicals. At about 5 miles in I noticed what I thought was another frame break/crack on the top tube. Dan agreed. Something hit the top tube, but I had no idea what and it seemed it cracked the frame. For 15 miles I was a sad frightended boy, thinking that at any moment the top tube would split and my jaw was going to slam into a rock. However, at the bulldozer I concluded that the crack was just a large paint chip. Dan laughed at me, but took a look anyway and then agreed. The white coat of paint under the red paint and the fact that the chip was right on the white "9" on the frame was deceptive. Anyway, I was stoked and we flew down Buena Vista trail with giant grins on our faces.

Some really crappy, non-action pics that quite frankly are sad.

PS: I need to loose some weight big time. The night before the ride I was actually I on the verge of tears looking at my belly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    How does Dan like being PUSH'd? You missed a good ride out at MMP yesterday. Got to see HULK GET MAD. :-O
    Can you hear me now?

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    How does Dan like being PUSH'd? You missed a good ride out at MMP yesterday. Got to see HULK GET MAD. :-O
    Dan loves getting his XXXX pushed in. Hulk, get mad? I thought I had seen that, but I guess Hulk has a mad scale and I only have seen the lower end of it.
    I AM JUST A JERK