mtbr member
    Sep 2008

P-towners -- About time to introduce myself

Well, thought I'd finally introduce myself to the Prescott locals (and everyone else I find myself admiring from their posts -- DurtGirl, Traildoc, Epicrider et al).

I have to shamefully and creepily admit I've been a lurker but I'm here to repent now that things have settled down for me (although is that really possible with 3 kids and another on the way)?

I moved to Prescott almost two years ago from Albuquerque, have loved every minute of it, and can't believe I live in an area with such awesome trails and others like Sedona and Flag and BCT so close. I've been riding for 15 years primarily in places like the Bay Area, North Carolina, New Mexico, and Utah and consider myself an above average technical rider willing to take chances, but definitely more of a grind it out rider than a speedster on the climbs (my lungs can be courageous but wimpy).

I know Enel a tiny bit from work, but I look forward to meeting the rest of you on the trails and at the Ales for Trails event. I've been busy doing some trail clearing from this year's storms in the Immanuel Pines area the past couple of weeks and am really excited about the vision the riding community has here. I hope to help out and volunteer as much as time permits -- so Raven guys, feel free to hound me.

(BTW, anyone know what happened to the BCT trail work day a couple weeks ago in Spring Valley? I drove out to help out, but couldn't find anyone -- probably my bad).

Ciao.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Welcome

Great Riding Community here in Prescott. If you want to meet some riders, we're going at 9:30, Saturday, Top of the Railroad Grade off Iron Springs Road.

Josh

mtbr member
    May 2008
    dlloyd, a belated welcome to Preskitt! A group of us rode the new north section of BCT last week (from Bumble Bee Rd. north). A very sweet section. Anyway, we meet some hikers that were trail building volunteers. They were talking about the new trail head in Spring Valley. Apparently, it starts at the housing development (Bensch Ranch?, something like that!). Not exactly sure where, somewhere you don't have to get access into the development I'm sure(it's gated).
    Will be sweet riding 60-ish from there down to Carefree Hwy some day! Hope to see you on the trails.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    JC - I thought we were meeting at Iron Springs & Granite Basin rds?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Continue West on Iron Springs to where the 332 intersects with ISR, top of railroad grade, was where O told me last night. See you there 29 Man

mtbr member
    Welcome to the forum. Watch out for that going29az dude, he wears pink tights.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks, helimech. Sweet, pink tights, sounds like a guy secure in his masculinity.

Josh, thanks for the invite. I didn't get the message until after you guys had obviously gone, but please keep me in mind for other rides. I'd love to go with you.

mtbr member
    I have never seen the pink tights (thank god) ...he must wear them just for you Mike

mtbr member
    May 2008
    They are actually Heli's pink tights....he can't wear them anymore, he got a little chubby riding only DH. Mikey, start puttin a few miles in and by W50 you might be able to fit back in these! (your not gettin them back, btw).

Did a good ride through emanuel pines, up 317,318 and down the water logged 332! A few soft spots, but overall trails are in pretty good shape.

Heli - took the boy's up to your ramp off the boulder that you and Kenny did! I almost cleaned it on my SS, got a little skeered on the downside!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    So you're responsible for that ramp & boulder, Heli? Yeah, that's pretty cool but like going29AZ I get up it and end up bailin' on the downside.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by going29AZ
    They are actually Heli's pink tights....he can't wear them anymore, he got a little chubby riding only DH. Mikey, start puttin a few miles in and by W50 you might be able to fit back in these! (your not gettin them back, btw).

Did a good ride through emanuel pines, up 317,318 and down the water logged 332! A few soft spots, but overall trails are in pretty good shape.

Heli - took the boy's up to your ramp off the boulder that you and Kenny did! I almost cleaned it on my SS, got a little skeered on the downside!
    Oh ya, that skinny up to the boulder then down. The one where I ate sh!t first. We need to get some more stuff over there. Where did you stop at, the top of the rock? cool.
    Ya need to get in some miles so I can get those tights back for the W25.
    Did you guys (snob & 29er) get the kitchen pass for the Ales 4 trails day? BEER.
    Maybe go out tomorrow for a little ride? Got some new stuff in the works.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Welcome, we need more tech riders up here............ Lots of grinders, hope to hook up for a ride with Heli and I.