Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OT - Pizzeria Bianco

2K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Bgrafk 
#1 ·
So tonight the wife and I and another couple are going to Pizzeria Bianco.
You know..rated the best Pizza in the U.S., hour long waits but is supppose to be worth it.

So who here has been there?
What were your thoughts? Worth the wait?

#2 ·
Bgrafk said:
So tonight the wife and I and another couple are going to Pizzeria Bianco.
You know..rated the best Pizza in the U.S., hour long waits but is supppose to be worth it.

So who here has been there?
What were your thoughts? Worth the wait?

Bring reading materials....

I've been once, and personally, I'm not sure what the hype is. It's not what I think of when I think of Pizza (but then again, the best pizza I ever had was from some hole in the wall in NYC). But I guess it's something you have to experience.

But yes, the wait is hella long. Thankfully there is a house right next door to have some beers while you wait.

#3 ·
It was pretty darn good, but not worth the two hour wait. When all was said and done...it was still just a pizza.

Gayle from Oprah did a segment on the place a few weeks back and it was on Yahoo's start page yesterday so enjoy your extra long wait.

#6 ·
I'm going because it was on the Oprah show.

JUST KIDDING!

Cool, I've heard as long as you have good people to hang around with then it's not so bad. I'll for sure grab a couple of beers next door.

You're talking about the Bar-Bianco next door, right Skinny-Tire?
You make it sound like a little house in a dirt lot that you went over to and they were hanging out outside drinking Old-Style and they gave you one :)

#7 ·
Bgrafk said:
I'm going because it was on the Oprah show.

JUST KIDDING!

Cool, I've heard as long as you have good people to hang around with then it's not so bad. I'll for sure grab a couple of beers next door.

You're talking about the Bar-Bianco next door, right Skinny-Tire?
You make it sound like a little house in a dirt lot that you went over to and they were hanging out outside drinking Old-Style and they gave you one :)
Yea, the place right next door. They (the restaurant and the bar) are both old houses yes?

Oh, and since you seem the type, there is a really cute little tea house across from the restaurant too :)

#8 ·
skinny-tire said:
Yea, the place right next door. They (the restaurant and the bar) are both old houses yes?

Don't know, never been there, remember.

Oh, and since you seem the type, there is a really cute little tea house across from the restaurant too :) :skep:
cool, I'm ready for beer, waiting, and pizza :thumbsup:

#10 ·
shadowrider said:
If their pizza was that good they'd have Take Out. Like Grimaldi's Pizza now that's good pizza and no hour wait.
I've had Grimaldi's and that is VERY good pizza :thumbsup:
We're on a mission to try Arizona's bomb-a$$ pizzas, so we've obviously gotta hit up PB.

#11 ·
I think you can make a reservation if you have six or more people. Give em a call. If not the bar is a pretty chill place to wait, nice patio. Try the prosciutto and the goat cheese with bread appetizers... goes together pretty good and will keep you held over for the 2 hour wait. The bartender with the shaved head is cool, he knows a lot bout beers and wines and he's a mountain biker, or at least used to be before he had a kid and got sand in his vag. It's worth it, just be positive about the situation.:thumbsup:

#12 ·
yeah, we don't have 6. We thought about making a reservation and then grabbing a couple of strangers in line to make it 6, I'm sure they'd sit at our table instead of waiting.

#14 ·
I'm not sure why there's so much hype or the long waits for just pizza, but then again I've waited at Oreganos with a large group for an hour and felt it was worth it.
Comparing the two, I'd give Oreganos the nod. Then again I don't watch Opra.
Post up an after dinner report to truly make it a World Class experience!

#15 ·
we tried goin down there a while back, on a friday night....

4 hour wait...the bar was FULL basically the whole area, looked like a concert of people watching other people eat and drink...

we said screw this and got papa johns, lol

#24 ·
key is to go early in the week, especially if there is a d-backs game or some event. that tends to draw the crowd away.

the reason it takes so long is that they can only seat so many people because chris bianco makes every pizza by hand in a small wood fired brick oven. so if you're into quick, greasy, or freeze dried pizza made by a college kid or a minimum wage laborer its not really your kinda thing. they grow most of the herbs and vegies fresh there in the garden and make the dough and bread every day, and they get fresh organic ingredients regularly.

i'm startin to sound like an advertisement. sure the wait sucks, but there's ways around it. just know what to expect and go with people you don't mind talking to for more than an hour, what's the point of going out to dinner anyways if you just want to get in and out and eat something you could get delivered to your door?

#25 ·
flOw dOwn said:
key is to go early in the week, especially if there is a d-backs game or some event. that tends to draw the crowd away.

the reason it takes so long is that they can only seat so many people because chris bianco makes every pizza by hand in a small wood fired brick oven. so if you're into quick, greasy, or freeze dried pizza made by a college kid or a minimum wage laborer its not really your kinda thing. they grow most of the herbs and vegies fresh there in the garden and make the dough and bread every day, and they get fresh organic ingredients regularly.

i'm startin to sound like an advertisement. sure the wait sucks, but there's ways around it. just know what to expect and go with people you don't mind talking to for more than an hour, what's the point of going out to dinner anyways if you just want to get in and out and eat something you could get delivered to your door?
chris...? chris, is that you?

#26 ·
Anybody try the pizza at Cibo? my old lady and I wandered in there a few weeks ago, darn good stuff! I've never been to bianco, so I can't do a comparison. I recommend it though whenever you don't wanna wait at Bianco and want to step it above the regular grease pie.....although I will admit, I generally prefer the grease pie. We were there on a random tuesday though, so there may be waits on different nights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.