Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    dirt debutaunte
    Reputation: jean-louey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    169

    (OT) Moving to Germany...sloughing off detritus of buying excess

    Hi Folks,
    Brett and I are moving abroad soon and having a massive garage sale this weekend. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/gms/1308384784.html
    We are seriously trying to get rid of nearly everything we own (except 2 of 2 dogs, 4 of 8 bikes and 1 of 2 cars).

    Does anyone in the east valley have a folding table (or three) we could borrow? I'd pick them up today if possible!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by jean-louey
    Hi Folks,
    Brett and I are moving abroad soon and having a massive garage sale this weekend. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/gms/1308384784.html
    We are seriously trying to get rid of nearly everything we own (except 2 of 2 dogs, 4 of 8 bikes and 1 of 2 cars).

    Does anyone in the east valley have a folding table (or three) we could borrow? I'd pick them up today if possible!
    Can I get more info on the road bike?

  3. #3
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,172
    Quote Originally Posted by jean-louey
    Hi Folks,
    Brett and I are moving abroad soon and having a massive garage sale this weekend. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/gms/1308384784.html
    We are seriously trying to get rid of nearly everything we own (except 2 of 2 dogs, 4 of 8 bikes and 1 of 2 cars).

    Does anyone in the east valley have a folding table (or three) we could borrow? I'd pick them up today if possible!
    I'll take the cruiser!!! I have a large folding table that you could borrow - it's one of those really heavy kinds though and you'll need a big vehicle to transport it. I might be able to fit it into the 4Runner and bring it by tonight when I pick up the cruiser!

  4. #4
    Pivotal figure
    Reputation: kenbentit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,137
    WTH? You guys join the Air Force or what
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    You are going to have a blast Jeanie. I live in Kaiserslaughtern for 10+ years and Wiesbaden for 5 years. You are so lucky to be able to grab a train with your bike to do some Alpine DH within 3 hours or so of travel time on a train with beer and nice seats. Works well for snowboarding also. Watch out for soda, beer is cheaper and always comes in a huge glass compared to a 750 ml soda pop.

    I am jealous

  6. #6
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,613
    $40 -- Sharp 30-something inch TV w/ remote. Bought new three years ago for ~$350.


    Flat screen ?

  7. #7
    How do I do that?
    Reputation: Tuff Gong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    561
    Old punk LP's? Hmmmmm, what am I doing tomorrow morning....

  8. #8
    dirt debutaunte
    Reputation: jean-louey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    $40 -- Sharp 30-something inch TV w/ remote. Bought new three years ago for ~$350.


    Flat screen ?
    Sold, Sorry.

  9. #9
    dirt debutaunte
    Reputation: jean-louey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
    Old punk LP's? Hmmmmm, what am I doing tomorrow morning....
    Oh no. This is going to break my heart.
    I don't even know if I can replace these! Yesterday I found the original poster that came in one DK album. Seriously sick.

  10. #10
    dirt debutaunte
    Reputation: jean-louey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Can I get more info on the road bike?
    I'll have Brett PM you some details since it is his.

  11. #11
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
    Old punk LP's? Hmmmmm, what am I doing tomorrow morning....
    Damn, your gonna beat me to it
    JRA

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by jean-louey
    I'll have Brett PM you some details since it is his.
    Thanks!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    95
    I lived in Augsburg for 4 years, about 30 miles west of munich. you guys will have a great time. Congrats.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,524
    Still have the chiminea? I will trade you a SRAM PG970 cassette (roughly 120 miles) for it.

  15. #15
    Dirty Souph West Riders
    Reputation: ynotgobig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    329
    i'm moving to Bonn in three weeks!

  16. #16
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,172
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I'll take the cruiser!!!
    Thanks Jeanie!! I love my "new" bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    I ride with tools
    Reputation: Jim Beam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,345

    Hey !

    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Thanks Jeanie!! I love my "new" bike.
    I wanted that! Now I'm jealous! Except there's nowhere for me to ride it to - nearest coffee shop is 6 miles of New Mexico drunk drivers away. At 3 drunks per mile, that's, um..., 17 drunk drivers.

  18. #18
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    WTF, DG...ANOTHER new bike?
    ~~~

  19. #19
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,172
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    WTF, DG...ANOTHER new bike?
    It's VINTAGE not new, like me

  20. #20
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    It's VINTAGE not new, like me
    ~~~

  21. #21
    How do I do that?
    Reputation: Tuff Gong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    561
    Wow, thats a cool bike. Can you say turquoise...metallic? Love the registration stickers, the pinstriping and the little details. Is that a headlight/flashlight or an ornament on the front fender?

    eabos, I can't make it this morning so if it's sold already, I didn't buy it. Personally, I don't how Jean-louey can sell those things In a way, thats some priceless stuff IMO

  22. #22
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
    Wow, thats a cool bike. Can you say turquoise...metallic? Love the registration stickers, the pinstriping and the little details. Is that a headlight/flashlight or an ornament on the front fender?
    It's a working light! And on the downtube body there is a push-button horn. I'm super happy and promise Jeanie to take good care of this treasure.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    718
    That's sweet...

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AZ Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    127
    The riding between K-town and Landstuhl is AWESOME! There is literally hundreds of miles of trails winding around in that area. I lived there for 2 years and absolutely loved it.

    Germany is great, too BTW.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hikerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Thanks Jeanie!! I love my "new" bike.
    It is good to see something that old in such original good condition.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    207
    Dressers gone?

  27. #27
    dirt debutaunte
    Reputation: jean-louey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
    eabos, I can't make it this morning so if it's sold already, I didn't buy it. Personally, I don't how Jean-louey can sell those things In a way, thats some priceless stuff IMO
    Well, the first day the records *accidentally* didn't make it outside. Today they were out there for 10 minutes before I grabbed them all and ran back inside.

    Great sale - stuff went crazy fast the night before and the first morning. Big thanks to DG and LDB for the tables. Now we are sleeping on dog beds and eating out of frisbees.

    BTW, Potsdam (where we are moving) is pretty flat, but these trails are literally 5 meters from my office door. Lunch break!

  28. #28
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,172
    Quote Originally Posted by jean-louey
    Well, the first day the records *accidentally* didn't make it outside. Today they were out there for 10 minutes before I grabbed them all and ran back inside.

    Great sale - stuff went crazy fast the night before and the first morning. Big thanks to DG and LDB for the tables. Now we are sleeping on dog beds and eating out of frisbees.

    BTW, Potsdam (where we are moving) is pretty flat, but these trails are literally 5 meters from my office door. Lunch break!
    Jeanie - the turquoise Thunderbolt when on it's first bar cruise to 4Peaks on Friday night! It was super comfy to ride and I was getting all sorts of horn honks and whistles (ok, not really, but I thought I looked super hawt). I really spiffed her up on Frid morning and plan to break it down soon to clean out the hubs and BB/coaster brakes. Probably will also put on new tires if I can find some whitewalls, and am going to get that light working too. She's going to be loved!!!! Thanks!!

  29. #29
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,365
    Sorry to see you go . Best of luck to you guys.

    BTW your thread title has me thinking saltwater death yuk!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    Nice cruiser, what does that Columbia weigh? DG- 4Runners rule!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •