mtbr member

OT-Free or cheap ware for design...

I am in need of some advice on the best value for cheap or free software that I will be using to create banner ads and that for my website. No animation or flash is required as I am not running that type of add yet. Any suggestions, ideas or direction?
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Eroding into the trail

Don't get all bent outta shape, just tryin to help

parenting for gnarness
    are you looking for a graphics program, or a site design program? Most ads are supplied by the advertiser, and pretty much just url back to some source if dynamic. Not clear what you are seeking exactly?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Has just about all the same features as photoshop except the price tag.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyBones View Post
    Already did that, but when you go to anyone of the sites, they all say they are the best, hence why I am looking for advice from people that already know. I don't let people that have poor reading comprehension get me bent out of shape

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    are you looking for a graphics program, or a site design program? Most ads are supplied by the advertiser, and pretty much just url back to some source if dynamic. Not clear what you are seeking exactly?
    You are exactly correct about my advertisers doing thier own. I want to make graphic files instead of using an actual photo in my articles.

If it helps- I am using Word Press, but I don't think that matters much. Most of the stuff my designer does, but I am just looking to play around and learn a little bit. Let my "creative" side flow!

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cramey View Post
    http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Has just about all the same features as photoshop except the price tag.
    Thanks Cramey- that looks like a great starting point!

"Uppercase with a space"

Eroding into the trail
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    You are exactly correct about my advertisers doing thier own. I want to make graphic files instead of using an actual photo in my articles.

If it helps- I am using Word Press, but I don't think that matters much. Most of the stuff my designer does, but I am just looking to play around and learn a little bit. Let my "creative" side flow!

This is what I was attempting to direct you to, a site that has what you needed. Some of the sites appeared to have design tools available, I snooped around a bit, but ultimately the research is really up to you.

There are several alternatives to Adobe products as mentioned above, but Adobe is the Industry Leader, for good reason!
    If you or your children are students, discounted software is available from several companies that cater to students.
    http://www.academicsuperstore.com/
    http://www.journeyed.com/
    The qualifications for discounted software are easy.

BTW I don't have poor reading comprehension!
    I'm not bent!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyBones View Post

This is what I was attempting to direct you to, a site that has what you needed. Some of the sites appeared to have design tools available, I snooped around a bit, but ultimately the research is really up to you.

There are several alternatives to Adobe products as mentioned above, but Adobe is the Industry Leader, for good reason!
    If you or your children are students, discounted software is available from several companies that cater to students.
    http://www.academicsuperstore.com/
    http://www.journeyed.com/
    The qualifications for discounted software are easy.

BTW I don't have poor reading comprehension!
    I'm not bent!
    Yo Dusty- you seem to have a sense of humor much like mine- hard to read on the internet-kudos to you sir!
    The Adobe I looked at and since my wife is a Teacher-she is looking into discounts she can get through the district etc. I liked Adobe because it looks easy enough for a rook like me to get started on and I can grow into it. I outgrew "Paint" in about half an hour, which I am told is all it takes for a preschooler to do, so I am pretty stoked with myself!

"Uppercase with a space"

Eroding into the trail
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Yo Dusty- you seem to have a sense of humor much like mine- hard to read on the internet-kudos to you sir!
    The Adobe I looked at and since my wife is a Teacher-she is looking into discounts she can get through the district etc. I liked Adobe because it looks easy enough for a rook like me to get started on and I can grow into it. I outgrew "Paint" in about half an hour, which I am told is all it takes for a preschooler to do, so I am pretty stoked with myself!

Adobe Photoshop (and Illustrator) is a cool program.
    Take a college course or get a good book & you are on your way to photoshop goodness!