Thread: OT Flowrider

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY

OT Flowrider

Anybody know the hours/rates and how crowded it gets? Since only one person can ride at a time does it take forever? Going surfing this weekend and want to work on my balance again.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    When I went a couple months ago it was:
    $10 for an hour.
    or $20 all day.
    They had 2 sides, 1 was for body surfing and the other was for regular surfing. However they had a couple guys surfing the other side towards the end of the day. There was about 8-10 people taking turns on the surfing side, but nobody lasted longer than a few seconds so it went fairly quick.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    They open late?

mtbr member
    I can't rememeber exactly how late. I think it was till 7

Shred...it's the new drug
    Its open till ten Mondays thru Thursdays. Super fun. If you get lucky you'll ride so much you're legs will fall off. Caution. Nothing like surfing. Instead of charging the line You stay way back like shredding pow. It will be your new addiction!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Its open till ten Mondays thru Thursdays. Super fun. If you get lucky you'll ride so much you're legs will fall off. Caution. Nothing like surfing. Instead of charging the line You stay way back like shredding pow. It will be your new addiction!
    So I guess skateboarding is better.

Everyone Bleeds!
    Everyday of my life, I'm forced to add another name to the list of people that piss me off!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    So I guess skateboarding is better.
    I wouldn't say that. Its different... unlike anything with a board. Don't expect to stay up for long the first time you go. Its funny to see people slam on the ground and get pushed up, everytime was an "OHH!!" and "Damn!". However the landing was surprizing soft. Some people take to it more than others, I think turtlegurl was the best out of the group that went. I can surf, snowboarded and skateboarded efficiantly, but for some reason had a tough time grasping on to it... but its like bowling, even if you suck, its still fun.

ride more, blog less
    yea it's a blast... nothing like surfing wakeboarding, skating, etc... a league of its own... i was actually thinking of this the other day...i think imma hit it up here soon
    i like these odds....

Shred...it's the new drug
    it's all good dog!!! you'll love it...It only took me 10 times to finally feel the flow and slash it up! I'll post some video later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarHammer
    yea it's a blast... nothing like surfing wakeboarding, skating, etc... a league of its own... i was actually thinking of this the other day...i think imma hit it up here soon
    I'll be down for this

mtbr member
    Let me know when ya'll plan to rip. I got the kids all this week at night but I would head out there to watch Bdog get dumped on his head.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I can hold my own on a snowboard, wakeboard and skateboard and can at least get up on a surf board and it's not like any of them. The board is pretty twitchy. Lots of fun and the crashes are friggin hysterical ... like having the carpet pulled out from under your feet at 20 miles an hour.

Unless there are alot of good riders there the line goes quick.