mtbr member

OT - Dirt bike trail suggestions

I remember reading about a few of you guys who also ride dirt bikes. My father is coming to town mid October and he rented a dirt bike. He used to ride Motocross and he is looking for a place to ride. So I am wondering if anyone can provide suggestions as to where him and I can ride (I will be borrowing a bike as well). So far I was told about the motocross track off of Grand Ave, as well as a trail that goes up to Crown King. My father wants to ride somewhere where he can really open up the bike and play. I live in the west valley, for what it's worth. Thanks in advance.

Huffy Rider
    MM's off hwy 74. My fav place to ride.

Always in the wrong gear
    Mile marker 11 (think it the same Motochick posted) is a good spot but you will need a land use permit. As for other areas there is Table Mesa off of I-17 north of New River, we used to ride there a lot in the past, lots of trails some technical, and you can pretty much ride out to the edge of Lake Pleasant. But, i'm not sure if permits are required (i assume so).

you can get a permit here:
    ASLD Recreational Permit

The ALSD is currently shutting down many of the OHV areas, so they are hard to come by, and the fines for not having permits are ridiculous. If you decide not to get permits just be careful. They do patrol regularly!

Huffy Rider
    MM 4. MM 7.5 MM 9. MM 11 ( don't like this one much too many yahoos) MM 12.5 MM 13.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I look forward to some exploring.

Meatbomb
    Hell, I use to ride my dirt bike at papago.... give it a try

Anyone remember Legend City beer gardens ?

mtbr member
    They closed Legend City about a year or two after I moved here. I was ten so no I don't remember the beer gardens....

mtbr member
    Might be time to teach dear ol dad how to mountain bike.

I have a passion for dirt bikes and still own and ride them, but the good trails are fast becoming extinct.

Pima and dynamite still has a lot to offer if you feel like hauling your scooters across town. Sycamore creek is pretty awesome too, but that's quite a haul for you.
    Check my pulse...