mtbr member

OT : Cedar Point Stoke : Adrenline without the threat of injury

This will be me this coming Wednesday and Thursday

Highs forecast at 78-80 degrees...

best of all is that the rides will be all walk on's for us... no wait...
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Man I love Cedar Point. I lived about 2 hours from there and it was a summer deal every summer for a few summers.... Don't forget to hit the Dragster. Haven't been on it, but 400ft high is nothing to shake a stick at! Gemini is still my classic favorite. Stay away from the Mean Streak. That thing will make you feel like you went 3 rounds of body shots with Mike Tyson. The younger, ear eating one, not the pigeon loving one.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Thanks Dag, Ill keep that in mind... Its my first time at CP.... Since we will be doing a lot of rides (VIP tour= no waiting), we'll have to stick mostly to rides that dont beat us up...

mtbr member
    Man, I grew up about 3 hours away from Cedar Point...it's the only real amusement park in the country.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    wow, that just happened...

safest time to ride a coaster is right after a fatality... safest time to fly was the weeks following 911

mtbr member

Re: OT : Cedar Point Stoke : Adrenline without the threat of injury

I live about 2 hours east of Sandusky. The Point is awesome! In all seriousness though my first time on the dragster, I cramped my butt muscles because I was clenched so hard. It made for an awkward walk towards the exit.

In regards to safety, s**t happens... I imagine it's just like flying where you are more likely to die driving to the airport statistically speaking.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

Meatbomb
    Save the money on the VIP tour and buy a leg brace and rent a scooter. Handicaps go in through the out door and get the next seat.

Not that i have ever done that while taking the grand kids to Disney Land

mtbr member
    Like Dag said, it was a once a year mandatory trip. Maybe the next time I head back I'll have to have some fun at Mohican and then a Cedar Point "recovery day"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    Man I love Cedar Point. I lived about 2 hours from there and it was a summer deal every summer for a few summers.... Don't forget to hit the Dragster. Haven't been on it, but 400ft high is nothing to shake a stick at! Gemini is still my classic favorite. Stay away from the Mean Streak. That thing will make you feel like you went 3 rounds of body shots with Mike Tyson. The younger, ear eating one, not the pigeon loving one.
    We rode Dragster yesterday... wow, that is the scariest ride ever... freaked me out man... Keep your head back at the launch to avoid the whiplash...

Millennium Force has got to be the best ride in the world... intense first drop... and super fast... We took 30 coaster rides and walked way too much ... we were exhausted...

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Damn. 30 coaster rides is a good pull! Usually at the end of the day I hit the Gemini over and over again since you can usually get off and back on again. Millennium Force is pretty good. It's like the Magnum on steroids. Can't wait to go back again! I've been wanting to hit the Dragster for years now.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    Damn. 30 coaster rides is a good pull! Usually at the end of the day I hit the Gemini over and over again since you can usually get off and back on again. Millennium Force is pretty good. It's like the Magnum on steroids. Can't wait to go back again! I've been wanting to hit the Dragster for years now.

We hit the VIP tour again today and rode :

MF -- about 6 times
    Dragster -- 2x
    Twister -- 3x
    Getekeeper -- 6 times

+ some other various rides....

Unfortunately my daughters friend was injured (her neck) pretty seriously on Maverick... We had to call it quits, her safety is more important of course... I love Maverick but it sure does whip you around a lot...