powered by bacon

OT: Anybody live at the Pointe at South MTN?

I'm thinking of moving there to be closer to somo and would like some feedback from any MTB'ers that live or lived there. Good or bad. PM me if you want to.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by helidave
    I'm thinking of moving there to be closer to somo and would like some feedback from any MTB'ers that live or lived there. Good or bad. PM me if you want to.
    I lived there maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Pretty nice apartments and the management has hot chicks running the joint. Not too expensive, if you can get one of the condo units with the garage, you will like it better.

Lots of speed bumps...

A Huckin' Hypocrite

Maybe helpful?

I moved to Pinnacle at South Mtn to be close to Somo, 48th an Guadalupe. Here's Pinnacle feedback, not enough parking, upstairs flooring sucks so it is noisy downstairs, our cell phones don't work well possibly due to closeness of KUPD an the floorplan I have doesn't fit a couch an loveseat. I love being close to Somo,Cactus Bikes, Costco, AZ Mills. Crime rate seems about normal an this complex seems pretty well behaved
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
    Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymmster
    I moved to Pinnacle at South Mtn to be close to Somo, 48th an Guadalupe. Here's Pinnacle feedback, not enough parking, upstairs flooring sucks so it is noisy downstairs, our cell phones don't work well possibly due to closeness of KUPD an the floorplan I have doesn't fit a couch an loveseat. I love being close to Somo,Cactus Bikes, Costco, AZ Mills. Crime rate seems about normal an this complex seems pretty well behaved
    Pretty much sums it up for this complex. great location for riding, but if you move in there make sure you get an second floor or condo style unit.
    J

powered by bacon
    I looked at pinnacle too, wasn't too impressed with the office staff.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymmster
    False on a few levels.

I work in radio (KUPD being one of the stations) and the radio town you are referring to does NOT effect cell phone signals.

Also the towers you are looking at just off I-10 and Guadalupe are NOT KUPD tower but KDUS, 1060 The Fan.

I work in that building 3-5 days a week and have had ZERO signal issues on both cell phones I have, 2 different carriers.

I know at least one person that works at the station that LOVES those apartment. Thanks...................Drew

"No Clue Crew"
    p.s. KUPD's Tower is located on South Mountain ...............Drew

Meatbomb
    how do they get the music up to the top of south mountain?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    For what ever reason cell phone reception definitely sucks there, for both ATT and Verizon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    And if you say anything bad about KUPD Drew will have men in dark suites meeting you at your car...
    Really, the little wand thingy in my face did nothing. Short term memory has been a bit off though.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    how do they get the music up to the top of south mountain?
    The magic music fairy!

Quote Originally Posted by scss
    For what ever reason cell phone reception definitely sucks there, for both ATT and Verizon.
    Those are the two carries I have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AzTreky
    And if you say anything bad about KUPD Drew will have men in dark suites meeting you at your car...
    Really, the little wand thingy in my face did nothing. Short term memory has been a bit off though.
    That was only once and the comment was about my mom. Do you blame me?..........Drew

Meatbomb
    great ... another thread that has turned to fairies....

"No Clue Crew"
    What's wrong with fairies??????

mtbr member
    I moved out of The Pointe at South Mountain Apts about 9 months ago. I lived there for a year and it was fine. I had a good experience with office staff and they were easy to deal with. I would look closely at all of the places up and down 48th st.between Guadelupe and Chandler Blvd. You'll find that even though you might get further from the Pima canyon entrance, you get closer to other TH's on DC. I live at 50th and Chandler now and usually ride to the warpaint TH.

my .02

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by helidave
    Now's a great time for 1st time home buyers. Rates are low, prices are cheep. Stop throwing your hard earned money away on rent. Buy a house near SoMo!

mtbr member
    That's MY next stop... in another year

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Now's a great time for 1st time home buyers. Rates are low, prices are cheep. Stop throwing your hard earned money away on rent. Buy a house near SoMo!

You sound like one of those commercials on at 2am on TBS. "Act now and we'll toss in this toaster!" ............Drew

mtbr member
    I live in Alta Ravenwood which is on Kyrene between Baseline and Guadalupe. Not as close as you are looking for, but I'm 14 mins on the bike from my garage door to the start of DC.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    You sound like one of those commercials on at 2am on TBS. "Act now and we'll toss in this toaster!" ............Drew
    "Act now and you'll get a free DurtGurl tour of your new backyard!"

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    "Act now and you'll get a free DurtGurl tour of your new backyard!"

SOLD!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cru_jones
    I live in Alta Ravenwood which is on Kyrene between Baseline and Guadalupe. Not as close as you are looking for, but I'm 14 mins on the bike from my garage door to the start of DC.
    are those the newish condos? I like the area with all the freeway access but was always turned down by the surrounding area... how is it?