Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bland

Good job! OT: Actual Sedona stoke.

Hello mtbr viewers I hope this message finds you well. I actually got on my bike for the first time in a few weeks and attempted to "shred the red" yesterday. Its been a bad semester for biking for me. Between taking classes, teaching classes, and doing research I didn't have much time to ride. On top of that I also had a shoulder dislocation a month ago and in October I woke up strapped to a backboard being hiked off of submarine rock with a gnarly concussion. I've been off my game.

Needless to say it felt super good to head down to Sedona and ride some of my favorite lines. The first stop on every Sedona ride is to fill up the camelsack with the ever flowing spring water. This water flows through several vortexes before it reaches the surface and drinking it during your ride makes you 27% more awesome. Even though the broken arrow area is clogged with hikers and pink jeep tours there are also plenty of hidden little drops and steeps all over that zone. My lungs were burning and my legs gave up on some pretty easy climbs but it was still rad. I spent some time on subrock which has some gnarly steeps and fun drops. The top of the rock is a natural pump-track filled with doubles that you can link up. I did 4 laps on sick-boy which I think is the most fun you can have in Sedona even if it is only 2 minutes long. I even managed to get the courage up to ride the flying Cherokee line. I wrapped it up with a run down pigs tail. Hopefully I can ride 4 times a week until next semester takes my bike time away from me.

Now I'm off to go ride some western Sedona stuff with the lady. Winter breaks are rad! Go ride Sedona and keep your eyes open for hidden lines!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: Actual Sedona stoke.-capture.jpg  

OT: Actual Sedona stoke.-capture2.jpg  

EDR
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Where's the crash footage?
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Great post. I spent the day down there today... and wow is it perfect.

mtbr member
    Dang, Namdor down! Glad to hear you're healing up. Save some body hits for the May river trip.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm stoked for some Sedona winter shredding

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    Hello mtbr viewers I hope this message finds you well. I actually got on my bike for the first time in a few weeks and attempted to "shred the red" yesterday. Its been a bad semester for biking for me. Between taking classes, teaching classes, and doing research I didn't have much time to ride. On top of that I also had a shoulder dislocation a month ago and in October I woke up strapped to a backboard being hiked off of submarine rock with a gnarly concussion. I've been off my game.

Needless to say it felt super good to head down to Sedona and ride some of my favorite lines. The first stop on every Sedona ride is to fill up the camelsack with the ever flowing spring water. This water flows through several vortexes before it reaches the surface and drinking it during your ride makes you 27% more awesome. Even though the broken arrow area is clogged with hikers and pink jeep tours there are also plenty of hidden little drops and steeps all over that zone. My lungs were burning and my legs gave up on some pretty easy climbs but it was still rad. I spent some time on subrock which has some gnarly steeps and fun drops. The top of the rock is a natural pump-track filled with doubles that you can link up. I did 4 laps on sick-boy which I think is the most fun you can have in Sedona even if it is only 2 minutes long. I even managed to get the courage up to ride the flying Cherokee line. I wrapped it up with a run down pigs tail. Hopefully I can ride 4 times a week until next semester takes my bike time away from me.

Now I'm off to go ride some western Sedona stuff with the lady. Winter breaks are rad! Go ride Sedona and keep your eyes open for hidden lines!
    77:

Thanks for the post. It was an awesome day. We hit Christmas and New Years Wash today. It's not a Sick-Boy ride, but if you like very technical wash riding it is world class. That droppy stuff scares me and you young guys heal quicker than I can, so I am sticking close to the ground.

Let me know when the next Egg Nog party is.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Dang, Namdor down! Glad to hear you're healing up. Save some body hits for the May river trip.
    I'm training early for my next namdor experience by crashing headlong through whatever brush gets in my way! I can't wait till May, being a namdor might be my true calling.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    77:

Thanks for the post. It was an awesome day. We hit Christmas and New Years Wash today. It's not a Sick-Boy ride, but if you like very technical wash riding it is world class. That droppy stuff scares me and you young guys heal quicker than I can, so I am sticking close to the ground.

Let me know when the next Egg Nog party is.
    Sounds like a good time. The lady and I rode slim-shady to day and it was a little slick but rad as always. I'm not going to throw a NOG party but we should go for a ride sometimes. There is a line called the flying Cherokee that you should ride.

More Sedona stoke: My much better half can ride a bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: Actual Sedona stoke.-563578_10100243857848988_1919229857_n.jpg  

OT: Actual Sedona stoke.-281245_10100243857649388_793369876_n.jpg  

Last edited by m77ranger; 12-22-2012 at 02:03 AM.

parenting for gnarness
    *like*
    i'd really like to get up there with someone who knows the alt lines and such to show me round fer some all mountain fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    I'm training early for my next namdor experience by crashing headlong through whatever brush gets in my way! I can't wait till May, being a namdor might be my true calling.
    The Silverback Gorilla is down for the count with pending shoulder surgery following a hotly contested hockey game with Bigfoot Barbecue. You may have to lead the pack
    Last edited by rockman; 12-22-2012 at 09:50 AM.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    *like*
    i'd really like to get up there with someone who knows the alt lines and such to show me round fer some all mountain fun.
    Next time you come up send a pm.

The Silverback Gorilla is down for the count with pending shoulder surgery following a hotly contested hockey game with Bigfood Barbecue. You may have to lead the pack
    That's a lot of responsibility, I don't know if I can handle all of that arrow weed on my own!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    That is great and all but what have YOU done for the Sedona trail system and the 82.9 percent of users out and about in the Red Rock District?

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    That is great and all but what have YOU done for the Sedona trail system and the 82.9 percent of users out and about in the Red Rock District??????????
    FIFY

What a country!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    That is great and all but what have YOU done for the Sedona trail system and the 82.9 percent of users out and about in the Red Rock District?
    Me? I let Rockman keep his kid's college fund.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Me? I let Rockman keep his kid's college fund.
    Ha, I've got two kids. Besides I only compete against Strava. But, I could make an exception for you. Wanna meet at Turkey Mountain in Tulsa, OK? That can't be too far from Austin. We'll have a bike off on the Ho Mi Ching trail or whatever it is with the antiquated wooden features. First one to hurt themselves wins.

mtbr member
    I posted a bunch of images from my last two trips to Sedona in the Passion forum.

You may recognize some familiar faces to the Arizona forum and Sedona scene.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    I posted a bunch of images from my last two trips to Sedona in the Passion forum.

This is a really great shot! Nice work!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Ha, I've got two kids. Besides I only compete against Strava. But, I could make an exception for you. Wanna meet at Turkey Mountain in Tulsa, OK? That can't be too far from Austin. We'll have a bike off on the Ho Mi Ching trail or whatever it is with the antiquated wooden features. First one to hurt themselves wins.
    Oh, you didn't get the memo; I no longer live in Austin. Anyway, you and I both already know driving up there would just be a waste of gas.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Oh, you didn't get the memo; I no longer live in Austin. Anyway, you and I both already know driving up there would just be a waste of gas.
    Do you even ride a bike or just talk shyte?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post

ny:

I found your piece of clothing you left at my place and will mail it to you. Thanks for the cool picture

mtbr member
    ny:

I found your piece of clothing you left at my place and will mail it to you. Thanks for the cool picture
    Thanks TD!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    LOL sooooo, ah TD - Did ya find "the clothing" wadded up in a ball at the end of the bed with the sheets or was it under the headboard.....
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    LOL sooooo, ah TD - Did ya find "the clothing" wadded up in a ball at the end of the bed with the sheets or was it under the headboard.....
    ttocs:

No my wife took the top out of the van and put it in the clothes hamper then it was washed and when I went to put the clean wash away I noticed it wasn't mine. I appreciate you asking.

TD

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    ttocs:

No my wife took the top out of the van and put it in the clothes hamper then it was washed and when I went to put the clean wash away I noticed it wasn't mine. I appreciate you asking.

TD
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. I figured you were just trying to increase your demographics on your tours by offering some kind of swingers retreat/camp.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast