Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OT: Actual Sedona stoke.

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Mrwhlr 
#1 ·
Hello mtbr viewers I hope this message finds you well. I actually got on my bike for the first time in a few weeks and attempted to "shred the red" yesterday. Its been a bad semester for biking for me. Between taking classes, teaching classes, and doing research I didn't have much time to ride. On top of that I also had a shoulder dislocation a month ago and in October I woke up strapped to a backboard being hiked off of submarine rock with a gnarly concussion. I've been off my game.

Needless to say it felt super good to head down to Sedona and ride some of my favorite lines. The first stop on every Sedona ride is to fill up the camelsack with the ever flowing spring water. This water flows through several vortexes before it reaches the surface and drinking it during your ride makes you 27% more awesome. Even though the broken arrow area is clogged with hikers and pink jeep tours there are also plenty of hidden little drops and steeps all over that zone. My lungs were burning and my legs gave up on some pretty easy climbs but it was still rad. I spent some time on subrock which has some gnarly steeps and fun drops. The top of the rock is a natural pump-track filled with doubles that you can link up. I did 4 laps on sick-boy which I think is the most fun you can have in Sedona even if it is only 2 minutes long. I even managed to get the courage up to ride the flying Cherokee line. I wrapped it up with a run down pigs tail. Hopefully I can ride 4 times a week until next semester takes my bike time away from me.

Now I'm off to go ride some western Sedona stuff with the lady. Winter breaks are rad! Go ride Sedona and keep your eyes open for hidden lines!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hello mtbr viewers I hope this message finds you well. I actually got on my bike for the first time in a few weeks and attempted to "shred the red" yesterday. Its been a bad semester for biking for me. Between taking classes, teaching classes, and doing research I didn't have much time to ride. On top of that I also had a shoulder dislocation a month ago and in October I woke up strapped to a backboard being hiked off of submarine rock with a gnarly concussion. I've been off my game.

Needless to say it felt super good to head down to Sedona and ride some of my favorite lines. The first stop on every Sedona ride is to fill up the camelsack with the ever flowing spring water. This water flows through several vortexes before it reaches the surface and drinking it during your ride makes you 27% more awesome. Even though the broken arrow area is clogged with hikers and pink jeep tours there are also plenty of hidden little drops and steeps all over that zone. My lungs were burning and my legs gave up on some pretty easy climbs but it was still rad. I spent some time on subrock which has some gnarly steeps and fun drops. The top of the rock is a natural pump-track filled with doubles that you can link up. I did 4 laps on sick-boy which I think is the most fun you can have in Sedona even if it is only 2 minutes long. I even managed to get the courage up to ride the flying Cherokee line. I wrapped it up with a run down pigs tail. Hopefully I can ride 4 times a week until next semester takes my bike time away from me.

Now I'm off to go ride some western Sedona stuff with the lady. Winter breaks are rad! Go ride Sedona and keep your eyes open for hidden lines!
77:

Thanks for the post. It was an awesome day. We hit Christmas and New Years Wash today. It's not a Sick-Boy ride, but if you like very technical wash riding it is world class. That droppy stuff scares me and you young guys heal quicker than I can, so I am sticking close to the ground.

Let me know when the next Egg Nog party is.

#9 · (Edited)
Sounds like a good time. The lady and I rode slim-shady to day and it was a little slick but rad as always. I'm not going to throw a NOG party but we should go for a ride sometimes. There is a line called the flying Cherokee that you should ride.

More Sedona stoke: My much better half can ride a bike!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.