Bring the ruckus

Oracle, AZ singletrack?

Going down to Oracle this weekend to visit the in-laws and wanted some singletrack to do while I'm down there. I have a 4x4 so heading up the back side of the Lemmon is not a problem but was looking for some recommendations on rides to do? Mainly xc stuff but i'm not scared of the fun stuff either as long as it's not to gnar (looking for fun the whole fam can do).

caninus xerophilous
    AZ Trail runs right past Oracle. You can link it to the Cody Trail off of the Cody Loop Rd in Oracle. There is also a tough jeep road climb and some fun descending called the Pepper Sauce Loop.

You migh consider a drive up to Aspen Draw and hit that and the Meadow Trail for some short loops. Don't be tempted to ride Oracle Ridge down to Oracle, that is a death march.

You can check sdmb.org and sambabike.org to get some more info on the area and the rides and routes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    there's also the 24HiTOP. Are we allowed to ride that area, or is it just open leading up to the event?

Plus size jersey model
    I would ride 50yr trail. Its the best trail system that area.

Bring the ruckus
    Might head up to aspen draw then to 50 year or AZT in the Oracle state park. Let me know if anyone wants to tag along.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    my folks live in oracle small world.

Bring the ruckus
    If you've never eaten at Casa Rivera's you're missing out on some of the best mexican food in the world.

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffler
    Going down to Oracle this weekend to visit the in-laws and wanted some singletrack to do while I'm down there. I have a 4x4 so heading up the back side of the Lemmon is not a problem but was looking for some recommendations on rides to do? Mainly xc stuff but i'm not scared of the fun stuff either as long as it's not to gnar (looking for fun the whole fam can do).
    Cody Trail/AZT to the State Park is one of the best trails in southern Arizona, ripping fast descents!

50-year and 24HOP are both too hot right now...think high elevation.