slower than you

One waterbottle and imminent danger

A little blogging about my ride on The Lost Burrito trail today: RockyChrysler™: One Waterbottle and Imminent Danger
    "Let our people travel light and free on their bicycles." Ed Abbey
    http://www.rockychrysler.com/

Eroding into the trail

Nice!
    More pics would be nice.

banned
    You wrote a story about Lost Burrito without explaining how it got it's name. Some writer you are.

Your next assignment is to ride up Schultz and count how many sections have had work done on them recently. (your welcome)

Then ride Little Elden and Little Bear and take some pictures of the trail work being done on them. We need word to get out so people will ride them. There's a good chance they will both be completely re-established by next summer.

Then try to come up with an idea for making Sandy Seep less sandy.

And go ride up to the top of Fisher Point...with no dabs. (your welcome, again)

One last thing. The new Brookbank allignment seems to have gotten stalled. Tell someone at FBO to get it on next years calendar.

Plus, there is some interest in building a new and improved Lost Burrito Trail, once the new Brookbank Trail is completed. Not official interest, involving the Forest Service, but rather interest from people who ride bikes, who are willing to cut in a new trail that doesn't excede an 8% grade. You might want to ride a trail like that more than once every five years.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigal Son View Post
    You wrote a story about Lost Burrito without explaining how it got it's name. Some writer you are.

Plus, there is some interest in building a new and improved Lost Burrito Trail, once the new Brookbank Trail is completed. Not official interest, involving the Forest Service, but rather interest from people who ride bikes, who are willing to cut in a new trail that doesn't excede an 8% grade. You might want to ride a trail like that more than once every five years.
    Ray does a much better job of telling the origin story behind the burrito's name than i ever could. Folks will just have to find an early edition of his book if they want to read it.

As to trail realigning up there, i would be all for it!

mtbr member
    Great story Rocky! It's probably been 4 or 5 years since I've ridden or HAB down that lovely bit of fall line sheep trail but your prose brings back memories. The second Dry Lake meadow is a little hidden gem. Oddly enough, according to the expert on such things the Dry Lakes are not calderas but rather some sort of collapse feature related to formation of the Lave Dome or domes that created Dry Lake Hills.

I took said expert volcanologist that sold you that sweet late 80s Rock Lobster on Lost Burrito way back when on his first ride on clipless pedals. He was not pleased.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Great story Rocky! It's probably been 4 or 5 years since I've ridden or HAB down that lovely bit of fall line sheep trail but your prose brings back memories. The second Dry Lake meadow is a little hidden gem. Oddly enough, according to the expert on such things the Dry Lakes are not calderas but rather some sort of collapse feature related to formation of the Lave Dome or domes that created Dry Lake Hills.

I took said expert volcanologist that sold you that sweet late 80s Rock Lobster on Lost Burrito way back when on his first ride on clipless pedals. He was not pleased.
    not calderas: collapsed lava domes: got it. i have so amended my blog.

similarly, for prodigal son, i have revised it to include a link to a brief history of the trail's name (via the old mtbr trail ratings forum, natch). Lost Burrito Trail Arizona Trail Reviews

My other ride is your mom
    Dara took me on lost burrito mid summer....she laughed the entire way down....I *****ed at her the entire way down....such is life.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by rockychrysler View Post
    A little blogging about my ride on The Lost Burrito trail today: RockyChryslerô: One Waterbottle and Imminent Danger
    i love your vision quest on the trail you can see from home. I can see Bell Pass from my backyard...i feel it bro! master it, its your backyard, your white whale!

mtbr member
    Hmmm, the fact that i can see Lost Burrito from home doesn't make me want to ride it more. Great hike though. On the other hand, all those sweet shots on southside are just beckoning to be skied

I can spend hours with binoculars trying to memorize every line.