Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Dave
    Reputation: liteandfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    894

    OK guys and gurls where are we riding this weekend

    Anyone have any thoughts, I would like to throw out there Hawes, as I haven't been out there in a couple of weeks.
    Anyone else????

    Oh anyone going up to BCT for the trail work?

  2. #2
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Jeff and I are going up for the trailwork and also have posted up a BCT ride for Sunday.
    ~~~

  3. #3
    Dave
    Reputation: liteandfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    Jeff and I are going up for the trailwork and also have posted up a BCT ride for Sunday.
    What time are you heading up there? Are you bringing a bike to get to the work area?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Prolly no riding for me this weekend. It's suppose to be pretty warm.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    What time are you heading up there? Are you bringing a bike to get to the work area?
    We're working close to the parking lot now so we're walking to the work area. Sunday, we're parking in BCC riding the trail dow to the Little Pan Loop, doing the loop and back to BCC. Awesome ride!

  6. #6
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,084
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Prolly no riding for me this weekend. It's suppose to be pretty warm.
    Sounds like no riding till November then

    Me...Gonna bust my cherry at Goat Camp on Friday and probably hit SM or Hawes Sunday.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Sounds like no riding till November then

    Me...Gonna bust my cherry at Goat Camp on Friday and probably hit SM or Hawes Sunday.
    I only ride when it's between 72 and 75 degrees.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  8. #8
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I only ride when it's between 72 and 75 degrees.
    not me, i prefer 60 to 65°

    i rode DC today 2:30 to 4pm and almost melted...
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  9. #9
    Brian
    Reputation: AzTracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    165
    I will be out at hawes on sunday morning if any one wishes to join me and the boys

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    962

    Good job! two planks not 2 wheels (this time out)

    sliding the white @ Ski Santa Fe or Taos on tele boards.........but I do miss Sedona on dats like today, high 60's and tacky velcro red durtness........keep the light on for me Flagpole

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    67
    You must be really lonely........to post here What wax will you be running?

  12. #12
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    not me, i prefer 60 to 65°

    i rode DC today 2:30 to 4pm and almost melted...
    Thought you were a real mountain biker? 100 plus is perfect riding weather! Just ride to each shady spot!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  13. #13
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    I'm hoping to get back on the bike with a little PMP. Maybe the south east area from the Hiker's Shack.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  14. #14
    Dave
    Reputation: liteandfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    894

    Ride Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by AzTracer
    I will be out at hawes on sunday morning if any one wishes to join me and the boys
    What time will u and the boys be starting out there? And where will you be parking?

  15. #15
    Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Reputation: cycljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,041

    New question here.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    We're working close to the parking lot now so we're walking to the work area. Sunday, we're parking in BCC riding the trail dow to the Little Pan Loop, doing the loop and back to BCC. Awesome ride!
    Jeff, how does the ride flow starting from BCC? I'm so used to Little Pan, out/back, Little Pan... Thinking about joining you guys though. - Jim

  16. #16
    Brian
    Reputation: AzTracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    What time will u and the boys be starting out there? And where will you be parking?
    We will probably be there at 9am. Not really sure where to park because I have not ridden hawes in about 12 years. Any advice you could give would be great.

  17. #17
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400

    Walgreen's

    Park in the back of the store, NW corner of Thomas & Power. Ride east on Thomas into Las Sendas and there will be a trail on your left just after the bridge. Head north from there and you'll eventually end up in Hawes. (shortly after the fence crossing)
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  18. #18
    Brian
    Reputation: AzTracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    Park in the back of the store, NW corner of Thomas & Power. Ride east on Thomas into Las Sendas and there will be a trail on your left just after the bridge. Head north from there and you'll eventually end up in Hawes. (shortly after the fence crossing)

    Sweetness! Thanks for the heads up. Anyone else care to join us?

  19. #19
    Dave
    Reputation: liteandfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by AzTracer
    Sweetness! Thanks for the heads up. Anyone else care to join us?
    Yeah I would like to hook up with you guys.
    That's where I usually park too. Sometimes we head up into the neighborhood and start at the top of the long downhill section. The pedal up the tar is a nice warmup, gives you a chance to chat with friends too, but the way you mentioned is fun too. I usually exit that way.

    Tukie, got it AZtracer. took me awhile.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    223

    Kaboose?

    This wasn't you on the trail was it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It looks ridable, follow me....................

  21. #21
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400

    C'mon now, this is how Kaboose rolls....

    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    223

    That pic isn't true

    kaboose rides a 29er.
    It looks ridable, follow me....................

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Threesticks
    This wasn't you on the trail was it?
    Oh snap, No He Didn't!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  24. #24
    Brian
    Reputation: AzTracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Threesticks
    kaboose rides a 29er.
    I thought she rolled a 96er.....

  25. #25
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203
    oh my, i'm being maligned.
    this is the only flying i've done!

    and yes, i ride a now torn apart carver 96er ss.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaboose; 02-28-2008 at 01:00 PM.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    223

    And here too

    You can't keep a good woman down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It looks ridable, follow me....................

  27. #27
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    Friday-SoMo/BCT
    Saturday-Dave's Ride for IPA (prescott)
    Sunday- Prescott or more SoMo

    Anyone is welcome to tag along...

    PS Kaboose, nice picture
    Last edited by azepicriderandrunner; 02-28-2008 at 02:15 PM.

  28. #28
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,717
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    Friday-SoMo/BCT
    Saturday-Dave's Ride for IPA (prescott)
    Sunday- Prescott or more SoMo

    Anyone is welcome to tag along...

    PS Kaboose, nice picture
    Chad - Come do the BCT ride
    Ride more; post less...

  29. #29
    Endurance Junkie
    Reputation: bikes4max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    349
    Fri : camping on lemmon
    Sat : bugsprings to prison, then on to milli
    Sun : either the BCT ride or KCE race course.

  30. #30
    im4Gsus
    Reputation: kaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    PS Kaboose, nice picture

    thanks! i apologize for the thread hijack, it's all threesticks and noelg's fault.
    they started it!
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

  31. #31
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes4max
    Fri : camping on lemmon
    Sat : bugsprings to prison, then on to milli
    Sun : either the BCT ride or KCE race course.
    Nice Call me if you end up coming to Phx on Sunday.

  32. #32
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,155

    Pacing runners at 2am

    http://www.ragnarrelay.com/delsol/index.php

    through Cave Creek, Pinnacle Peak and Pima\Dynamite area...will be a tad slower than the Tour de Scottsdale.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •