No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Oh, what a morning ...

Grave9 and I often think alike. We like to pedal our bikes, but the lure of the shuttle was calling. This morning, we decided we'd do our own little half-arse little shuttle from BV down to 46th St.

Met at the bottom of Javelina, left Drew's truck and loaded up in my rig. Drove up central and, shazzam, the gates are still closed. There's a nice fellow there who says their construction project ran over time and the road is closed for approximately another hour.

D'oh. Now what?

Not much else to do other than ride up Javelina then up Mormon, where the combination of heat and dejection turned us around. We did blaze it down Javelina, though, so that was nice.

Never having done a shuttle before, is that sort of closure common? We're thinking of trying again on Friday morning? Is there a way to check road closures? Thanks.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Anyone with beta?

....just cruisin through
    I don't think COP posts road closures on the SOMO website beside Silent Sundays, I have never seen any. We went up to shuttle this last Sunday and the road was closed at the first gate for a running race. We had no idea this was going on until we arrived there.

As for tomorrow, I have no idea on the construction. I do know (through personal contacts, nothing posted) that they are having a funeral memorial tomorrow at 11:00AM at the Educational Center (main gate) for a park ranger that has passed. I would assume that this will be a LARGE event, but I don't know if they are closing the road up. This is also after the time you would be shuttling up (I hope!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers.....

Shovel Ready
    Evening was not to bad either!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

parenting for gnarness
    at that point, go up Kiwanis you won't be disappointed.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Good suggestion. Unfortunately, the only riding we've done in that area of the mountain is National. From the street, I have no idea how to get anywhere to park. We're gonna try again today.