First, for the record, Casual Observer started things this year. His first post, outside the 2 week extended forecast window...
24 days and counting...
I believe this is a first for me....
Trouble is they might get missed without '24IOP in the title'
So, I felt obliged.
If you haven't already checked right now the forecast is... well
I'm giving the team we are camping with credit. They rented an RV and one guy even set up a separate bike with mud tires.
The key words in the sentance above are 'right now'.
As an 11 year veteran of this event I have a long history of obsessing over the 24IOP weather forecast. I've seen it change from sun to rain to sun to rain some times daily. So...
- Do not pack shorts to hang out in
- leave the sun screen out of your duffle
- pack your fenders, mud tires, bike washer etc
- do not chide your buddies who didn't sign up because they were sure the weather was going to suck after it was so nice last year
- keep the snow boots inů leave the flip flops at home
- DO NOT wash your bike!
And, whatever else you do... do not post on MTBR about how great the weather is shaping up!
Results 1 to 4 of 4