Thread: Oakley Event

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Oakley Event

OAKLEY will have their interactive demo truck and trailer out at McDowell Mtn. Park this Sat. and Sun. You guys have to see this thing, I was out at the FBR Open and they had it set up in between 6 and 7 and it will blow your mind. Really great tour of how they make, test and destroy peoples glasses. Having a party on Sat. night, the trailer is equiped with PS3s, Direct T.V. , Kicker sound system, BBQs, kegs the whole nine. They will have some riding clinics for kids both days also. Come hang out.

Lurky Lou
    I was thinking about going to this on Sunday with my 7 yr old son. He doesn't have a mtn bike (yet), so do you think a 16" bmx bike would be Ok for the clinic thing?

Anyone else going to this?

Mommy's Little Monster
    I was game until you mentioned the Kicker sound system.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Dryheat. Has your son ever rode out at mcdowell? I am not sure how big a 16" bmx bike is but the sport loop is pretty tame. I will ask some people tomorrow but i hope that it will work out it is going to be a good time.

Dirty Monkey
    So what's the hours? Can't ride after dark. And which lot? Tracks or Pemb? Is there a link to a site for info?
    [SIZE="3"]"May The Schwartz Be With You!"[/SIZE]

CrazyEye
    Quote Originally Posted by ems3564
    Dryheat. Has your son ever rode out at mcdowell? I am not sure how big a 16" bmx bike is but the sport loop is pretty tame. I will ask some people tomorrow but i hope that it will work out it is going to be a good time.
    Depends on what they are doing for the clinic. You definately wouldn't what to to take him very far at all on that. 16" is 4" smaller than a standard BMX bike tire, so a golf ball sized rock will seem huge. He be able to rip around the parking lots though. It's still funner than playing play station all day I'll probably take my 10 year old son on Sunday. Hopefully they will post some times and more info.
    Last edited by CrazyEye; 02-27-2007 at 09:04 AM.

A plethora of pinatas

Oakley Event Flyer

I spoke with the Oakley Rep and it sounds like this event is going to be a blast! I guess they are going to have food, bike clinics, schwag and possibly bike demo's from Santa Cruz and Scott Bikes.

Here is the flyer on the event... http://www.ddogsracing.com/documents/oakley_flyer.pdf

See you out there!
    Marty

Elitest thrill junkie
    Dumb. I'd rather go ride my bike.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Jayem

Thatís why we are going out there. To ride our bikes. It is what you make it.

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    I am going to ride the comp tracks and maybe demo the superlight if they have one.

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    Any word on whether there will be demo bikes out there from Santa Cruz and Scott?

meow

Nite ride on Saturday???????

Can anyone confirm or deny this? It would be awesome to relive the 24 Hours of Adrenaline!

Dirty Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cato
    Can anyone confirm or deny this? It would be awesome to relive the 24 Hours of Adrenaline!
    Sorry, just got off the phone with MMP. Per the sup, no night riding. The event will be at the comp tracks, but the trails will not have after-dark riding open, just the van, and whatever grub/beverage/music they have.

meow
    Thanks for checkin' Mike.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Dumb. I'd rather go ride my bike.

Well...you are the only "A" rider left.....right

Dirty Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cato
    Thanks for checkin' Mike.
    Going out anyway? I was gonna head out about 1 or 2 and ride, then go over to this event. I think if this draws a big crowd, the comp tracks will be packed, but Pemb and maybe heading up the Wingate side from MMP...

meow
    Don't think so - the event itself isn't enuf to get me out there unless it was a night ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I heard that there is some trail work at pem. saturday also, and some group rides, anyone know anything about this? the oakley thing sounds kinda cool to me, think I will check it out, if I could do some trail work, ride and hang out at the oakly event,that would be a good day!

mtbr member
    The Desert Dogs team will be out there Sat. doing tail maintaince on Pemberton at 8:30am. If you want to join them, meet at the Pemberton Trail-head at 8:30am. www.ddogsracing.com.