mtbr member

O.T. any one RC?

Racing or bashing these things are bad A$$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aIETCc9InA

There are some sweet trks around the valley. Kinda like pump tracks. they just don't let bikes on'm.

Been rocking the FF (Fear Farm) track of 101 and Tomas.

Great way to kill time, or recover from injuries and still shred something

dirt visionary
    Yeah I love romping my 4x4 nitro trucks. Unfortunate they both need work as I demolished one and broke some axels on the other jumping them out at the pit.

Been eyeing that one off the 101 looks fun as hell.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Yeah I love romping my 4x4 nitro trucks. Unfortunate they both need work as I demolished one and broke some axels on the other jumping them out at the pit.

Been eyeing that one off the 101 looks fun as hell.

Nice, nitro guy huh.....

yeah that place rocks, 3 tracks, 1/10,1/8 and an oval and they let sct's on the oval to race as well, pretty fun.

they're open tues.- sat. 6pm-10 or later you should check'em out, race 1/10's on thur. heading out to night, gonna race p4 (pro 4wd) been racing p2 (2wd), or i will do both depending on the pack size.

Its my new fix here of late, used to back in the day, but now the trucks are way better and lots more opp. for builds.

dirt visionary
    Yeah love the smell of nitro in the morning. I so need to dig out my trucks and get them going again kinda miss tinkering with them . What do they charge to play?

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o

What part of town is that?

dirt visionary
    out by avondale

Black and Sticky
    Great post! About 20 years ago I did a lot of RC racing in Texas. I remember the cars: RC-10 (probably the best 10th scale 2WD ever), PB MiniMustang (4WD with quirky 2-speed clutch and belt drive), Optima (great handling but heavy 4WD with chain drive) and many I can't remember. These were all off road 1/10 scale. For a while 1/16 scale on road got real popular and all the best racers did that. 1/16 was all about matched batteries, hooked up tires, and really, really good driving skill. I remember an indoor track in Austin with Astroturf that we raced 1/16 on every Friday night. Once we had a Kyosho factory racer come out and he just killed us. Of course, we claimed we'd kick his butt if we had his sponsored car and batteries. So he traded some of us and kicked our butts with our own cars. 1/8 scale gas cars started to get popular about the time I got out of RC racing so I never did too much of that.

Thanks for posting. That brought back many fun memories from my first youth!

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

Just Joshin' ya!
    About five years ago, I was building park flyers. Radio controlled planes that are powered by lithium polymer batteries and electric motors. It got to the point where I was building these great WWII planes powered by brushless motors. They were crazy fast and could do all sorts of manuevers. Since they were electric and small, the park officials never really cared when we flew them at the city parks. I miss flying those things. I built this same model of an F4U and was flying it at Steele Indian School Park. All the war vets used to come out and watch and thought they were pretty neat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

slow and whiney
    Feb 2010
    I have a low-hours HPI Savage X that I'm avoiding posting on craigslist, but need to sell. I'm giving up nitro altogether, so all the nitro stuff goes with it. Just sayin...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have an NTC3 and an Ofna Ultra 1/8 nitro buggy. Had a daughter and got into mtn biking so I haven't fired them up in a loooooong time.

Meatbomb
    corsair was the sexiest plane in the sky next to the p-51... well done

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by seven1seven
    I have an NTC3 and an Ofna Ultra 1/8 nitro buggy. Had a daughter and got into mtn biking so I haven't fired them up in a loooooong time.

Funny you say that . I got my oldest daughter into mtbing and she lost intrest in the nitro truck . Not me though ..darn it I really need to fix one of them .

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm hoping my daughter likes it when she is old enough to ride (only 2 right now). So far so good, when she sees the mtns, she wants to go riding with daddy. Oh and I bought a new bike because she said I should.

dirt visionary
    You should get her a push bike. Talk to fish @ cactus many of the local riders kids use them and are off and running very young. Not sure but I bet Fishes kid was on a push bike before walking. Might have even skipped training wheels. Also Bobs boy loves his.

Check it out

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yep that is going to be one of her Christmas presents. She has a tricycle and just learned to pedal it last week. I almost cried when she started pedalling by herself. I can only imagine how bad I'll get when she lands her first jump off of the curb.

Maui Grown
    Yup, RC is a great way to pass time with an injury.

When I broke my collar bone a few years back I bought a Traxxas Revo and raced it out at Scottsdale RC Raceway a few times. Once I got back on the bike I lost interest though.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I always see that track off the I-10 when coming in from Cali. Used to be a small track, now they have a grandstand setup. Looks like somebodies backyard.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy
    Yup, RC is a great way to pass time with an injury.

When I broke my collar bone a few years back I bought a Traxxas Revo and raced it out at Scottsdale RC Raceway a few times. Once I got back on the bike I lost interest though.

Looks like your going to be re-introduced to that being that you got that new baby in the stable! hahaha

oh 2011 DHR now available for shipping!

mtbr member
    A dude at work drives in a couple of race series around the valley. There is one in old town scottsdale that might be closer for you Clock, once you get yours fixed. Plus there is another 2 tracks in Queencreek & florence. I haven't played with RC since tyco cars in Jr. high but I plan to head out and borrow one of his cars soon.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

dirt visionary
    All this talk of rc ....So I broke down dug out the boxes of spare parts and trucks. got one going and just need a steering servo for the other. I was surprised the one I demolished started right up after replacing broken parts as it was never properly shut down and stored over the last 9 months.

A Huckin' Hypocrite

Fast...

Not radio controlled, cable controlled... I'd love to check one of these out in person

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
    Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

dirt visionary
    I remember seeing that sometime back cool as hell but I would get way bored watching it go in circles. But that video is also sped up faster than it is . Watch that bird fly around

How do I do that?
    Holy crap! That bird at around :50+ is a freak of nature!!

Don't believe the Hype...
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    Racing or bashing these things are bad A$$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aIETCc9InA

There are some sweet trks around the valley. Kinda like pump tracks. they just don't let bikes on'm.

Great way to kill time, or recover from injuries and still shred something
    Hey Steve - If you're a regular at FF, you should ask them if they have thought about a Bike Park of some kind. Pump Track, BMX, MTB Skills park...They have the land and seem pretty progressive lately with the RC stuff, Soccer Fields, Concerts. Do you live close by there?
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off