Prime

Not the smartest thing I've ever done

Climbed/HABd Corona de Loma at 3:00 this afternoon, alone. It was a bit warm up there. Went to the first top, didn't go all the way to BV. Pads on, bombed back down, only spot I chickened out was a hard right turn with a nice drop in the middle of it, getting down toward the bottom. I go up there every 6 months or so just to scare the crap out of myself, keeps me in reality.

No Clue Crew
    I was describing Old Man to Dag Nabbit one morning at the Pima trailhead and he said, "sounds like Corona De Loma." Sounds like I'mma gonna have to shoot down CdL some day

Whoa... I just checked and that means an even LONGER ride back to the lot on Desert Classic. Noooooooo thank you. Have to figure out a shuttle system...

Prime
    I live near the west end of DC, so I didn't have too much to endure. I've also ridden Old Man, yes they are similar. You'd like it bigO. Tell you how I've done it, leave Desert Foothills TH, HAB up Telegraph, Natty east (tough ride), drop C de L, 1 1/2 mile or so of DC (best part of DC IMO) back to the TH. Tough loop, but once it cools off it's do-able. Speaking of DC, the rains have the western half really messed up, worst I've seen in 4 summers.

No Clue Crew
    Hell, Dave. I just noticed your sig. They should make changing your forum name illegal so I always know who's who.

Never been further west on National than Buena Vista. Where's the Desert Foothills TH? I kinda know where the Warpaint TH area is. That's all I know...

Prime
    The stumpy was 4 bikes ago, obsolete screen name. Follow Ray out to where it loops around and becomes Chandler, but instead of following the loop, take the little curve to the right shortly after the pedestrian bridge. This will put you on Chandler Blvd, going west, turn right at the third light which is Desert Foothills, go to the top of the hill, TH is right there on the right.

Natty west of BV is very different to the part that you normally ride. It's a bit less traveled, looser rocks, some nice features, better going west than east, but I've ridden it both directions. West of Telegraph Pass is even more different, much less traveled, lots of narrow off camber places that you don't want to fall off, once you drop off the west end of Natty there is no really easy way back out, San Juan Rd is the easiest but it's all up hill. Mine Drop Trail is out on the western end, south side of SoMo, another hairy downhill that you'd like. You have to pay the price to get to that one though, you could HAB up Telegraph and ride west to it, I've gone up Ranger and then west to it but you have to get back around to the north side. I tend to do the bulk of my riding on the south side and west end of SoMo, but it just so happens to be a lot more pedally out there.