mtbr member
    Sep 2010

North Phoenix - BCC

Has anyone ridden from North Phoenix to BCC/Rock Springs trailhead. Did an exploratory ride from my house at pinnacle peak /43 ave this evening to see if it was possible to get across the CAP then 303 and I found a way.

North Phoenix  -   BCC-001.jpg Secret passage

mtbr member
    Gpx/strava or it didn't happen

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    Gpx/strava or it didn't happen
    I remember the days when you got a bike and just went riding.

mtbr member
    Didn't they teach to share when you were a kid? Show us the route bro and stop with the tease.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    Didn't they teach to share when you were a kid? Show us the route bro and stop with the tease.
    I don't have anyway of tracking the route...what is the least expensive way to record your route....spot ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azpilot View Post
    I don't have anyway of tracking the route...what is the least expensive way to record your route....spot ?
    Got a smartphone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    43rd ave n. to deem hills
    ride around the west side of deems
    when you hit the north end take the feeder trail that leads down to the CAP road
    North Phoenix  -   BCC-005.jpg
    climb up the road and go thru this gate.
    down the hill to 51 ave to cross the CAP(have to lift your bike over a 3' concrete barrier)
    ride north on what would be the 51 ave alignment (A little sandy in places)
    When you get closer to the 303 you will see this a little to the east of of your location ( I couldn't find any trails leading to it,so I blazed my own)
    North Phoenix  -   BCC-001.jpg

Yeah, strava would be much easier.

Give it a crank
    Or just draw the track afterwards in Google Maps, it's easy

mtbr member
    I rode from RS (BCC) to my house. (Lake Pleasant Pkwy & Happy Valley) Did RS-TM-EH. Then over the horse fence on New River Road. Over the boring flat, sandy section to AZGFD. There is a dirt road on the 51st ave alignment that goes south all the way to the 303. Over barb wire, Under pictured bridge then ride west along hills on dirt two track to the flood control dam. Six foot chain link, climb over then on home down 99th ave (LPP). Not a bad route and fun finding my way the first time.

Steve
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

mtbr member
    Another longer yet more fun way would be to Ride from RS to EH then south, but instead of going to AZGFD take Maricopa east past Anthem to 7th Ave. From there head south to Sonoran North to do the big loop there. Then cut to Sonoran south and do the loops there. Then head west to Deems. Much longer obviously, but you get in alot different areas that way.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chipolopolo View Post
    I rode from RS (BCC) to my house. (Lake Pleasant Pkwy & Happy Valley) Did RS-TM-EH. Then over the horse fence on New River Road. Over the boring flat, sandy section to AZGFD. There is a dirt road on the 51st ave alignment that goes south all the way to the 303. Over barb wire, Under pictured bridge then ride west along hills on dirt two track to the flood control dam. Six foot chain link, climb over then on home down 99th ave (LPP). Not a bad route and fun finding my way the first time.

Steve

It's nice to be able to ride from your house and not leave your vehicle parked somewhere.

Is there a fence to cross on the north side of the bridge? I know on the south side there is a fence but the top strand of wire is gone so it's not so bad.

I think your ride was a better idea, have someone drop you off at BCC and ride back , not a summer ride though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chipolopolo View Post

Steve
    How did you do that?!!?

mtbr member
    It's nice to be able to ride from your house and not leave your vehicle parked somewhere.

Is there a fence to cross on the north side of the bridge? I know on the south side there is a fence but the top strand of wire is gone so it's not so bad.

I think your ride was a better idea, have someone drop you off at BCC and ride back , not a summer ride though.
    No, There is only the concrete drainage that you can just ride down. On the south side there is an opening you can squeeze through where the chain link joins the barb wire.

Definitely not a summer time "day" ride. Funny thing was, I parked at RS and just continued on till I got home. Told the wifey she needed to ride me back to my truck.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid