Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

No photo Friday? 9.7.2012

3K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  DurtGurl 
#1 ·
Haven't been doing much biking lately, but here are some sights you might see along SR89 between Flagstaff and Page (on your way to Gooseberry) if you keep your eyes open....

Google Jetsonorama and The Painted Desert Project for more info!

See less See more
#2 ·
I love those things. Here are a few more that are out there and some cell phone pics from this mornings ride with my wife on the AZ trail from snowbowel down to Schultz. This is my favorite trail right now and today the dirt was perfect!

Attachments

#4 ·
Yeah, all that driving on 89 - I always like see the graf. Just don't breathe any of the dust when out around Cameron...

Did some riding in Flag last weekend -

Emergence -

Jedi is so much fun

The way to remove the clown from the clown wheels - 10mm super wide angle

First time in FBR - for some coffee

#5 ·
Always love Cookie's posts, as there is either coffee, beer, or pizza at the end!! :)

Thought about taking my phone out this morning during the ride, but it really started to come down and I didn't want to get it wet. Love the clouds and rain during a ride!

#8 ·
as there is either coffee, beer, or pizza at the end!! :)
LOL - I have a friend that says to me "I think the food at the end of the ride is as important to you as the ride?!?!" I totally agree. In this case, all three of those were present! After the visit to FBR, we walked over to Beaver Street Brewery and had the seasonal brown ale and the 3 sausage pizza out in the patio seating. Truly fantastic. We were hoping to try out Mother Road and Pizzacletta, but alas, they didn't open until 3 and 5 respectively.

The guy in those photos (gray/green Fox jersey, other than me in the brown/gray), we decided that mtn bikers are masochistic hedonists. You know, the definition that includes the gratification in pain (climbers especially, *raises hand*) and extreme pleasure seeker.

I mean who doesn't like the grin induced by the downhill run, and those of us that "earn the turn" so to speak, have that pleasure heightened.

#7 ·
Haven't been doing much biking lately, but here are some sights you might see along SR89 between Flagstaff and Page (on your way to Gooseberry) if you keep your eyes open....

I noticed the last one on the way to Powell last week but missed the first three... where were they ? That is some cool shite!!!

I'm towing a 9K rig when heading through there so my focus is on the road and I miss a lot.

#14 ·
The one on the tanks is at gray mt. After that there are two of the blue canteen ones on the left of the road one about 20 miles before the tuba turn off and another just before it. About 25 miles before you reach the tuba turn off there is an unfinished house that has 5 pictures on it including the ones I posted of the elderly couple. The one where the girl is on the sandstone house looking up and smiling is just after cedar ridge. The smiling girl on the red outhouse is on the west side of the road 15 miles before the 89a turn off and one of the new ones with the horses is just before the 89A turn off when you start climbing the echo cliffs. There is another one with horses too but I can't remember where it is.

#21 ·
Dirtgurl- thanks for taking pics of those! I drove up that way Tuesday on my way to Blackfoot and didn't stop to take pics because of the rain. I was pretty bummed out. Now my wife won't look at me like I was halucinating when I tell her about them.

#26 ·
Flag Morning.

The peaks still sleeping.

Lots of flowers.

Color Swap. That was the blue of my jeans.

Whooda thought that Camp Verde was the pot of gold?

Pretty happy to be riding in the rain. Or maybe it was happy to have ridden the AZT all day.

Burnt out trees on Shultz Pass.

Little Bear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.