AKA shitbird

Nightride Tues. 2/27 South Mtn

6:30 pm Tuesday. Park at 46th street lot. Up Javelina, Up National to Buena Vista and back the same way.

So far just me this time but anyone's welcome.
    JRA

mtbr member

Is that lot safe?

I want to do a night ride tonight, but I can't start until closer to 8:00 pm. Is it safe to leave a vehicle in that lot after nightfall? My HID is all charged up.
    Just Ride!

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    I have had no problems parking in the lot or out front of the gate when the lot is closed. I will be there tonight at about 6:30-7:00pm but I will be pulling an out and back at DC. I haven't ridden Javelina/National to BV and back before. Probably not a good idea to do it the first time at night. Where does Javelina start? I should try it for some variety on night rides.

I am Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by GueroAZ
    I have had no problems parking in the lot or out front of the gate when the lot is closed. I will be there tonight at about 6:30-7:00pm but I will be pulling an out and back at DC. I haven't ridden Javelina/National to BV and back before. Probably not a good idea to do it the first time at night. Where does Javelina start? I should try it for some variety on night rides.
    I wish i could make this ride. my HID should be arriving in the next couple days...
    javalina starts just south of 46th st and Baseline. at 46th and baseline go south 1/4 of a mile on 46th st till it runs into the mountain.
    I love starting SoMo rides there. You can also start beverly canyon and west loop there, a great alternate to riding the boring fire road with the mobs of tourists from the resort.

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    I wish i could make this ride. my HID should be arriving in the next couple days...
    javalina starts just south of 46th st and Baseline. at 46th and baseline go south 1/4 of a mile on 46th st till it runs into the mountain.
    I love starting SoMo rides there. You can also start beverly canyon and west loop there, a great alternate to riding the boring fire road with the mobs of tourists from the resort.
    Hey Bob,

We'll have to hook up for some rides next week when you have your HID. I try to do a National night ride once or twice a week so let me know when you're interested.
    I think I'm out for tonight, I'm about ready to leave work and feel like crap. A little advice, if you're ever around 16th and Camelback and hungry...DO NOT EAT at the Chinese Buffet place, holy crap......literally
    JRA

mtbr member

Post up on future Night Rides

I can ride tuesday or thursday nights, usually not 'til after 7:30 or 8:00 pm though. I love the climbing and night time views of the valley, I just can't get out much earlier than 7:30 pm.
    Just Ride!

I am Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Hey Bob,

We'll have to hook up for some rides next week when you have your HID. I try to do a National night ride once or twice a week so let me know when you're interested.
    I think I'm out for tonight, I'm about ready to leave work and feel like crap. A little advice, if you're ever around 16th and Camelback and hungry...DO NOT EAT at the Chinese Buffet place, holy crap......literally
    Hey! Got my light an used it last night. I think I might be hooked that was a blast. Let me know when you're riding next week and I'll see if I can make it. Bob