mtbr member

Night rides in the valley this weekend?

So with it getting above the 110's for a week starting at the end of the week- I'll be charging my batteries by day to fly at night

Anyone have some rides planned? I am thinking FINS North with Harv's group Thursday. Custom is to bring a six of whatever you like, jam it in Harv's fridge, ride then come back and hang out and cool off in the garage. Always a good time with the pack splintering into groups for almost all levels.

I need a Saturday night ride though. Anyone?

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Happy Trails

I've been out twice with the McDowell Park ride and it has been a great scene. I would guess 75+ riders, so a little dusty down the new Pemby NE section singletrack. There are also some groups making the Pemby loop longer with a ride up Dixie and back down Coach Whip. The next ride is scheduled for July 6th, I think, but info is on the MMP website. I've also been making some trips solo so PM me if Fountain Hills works for you. Happy trails.
    Night rides in the valley this weekend?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1372165449.642193.jpg

mtbr member
    Scott, that vehicle looks familiar, were you the one with the dead battery Saturday night? 126 riders officially signed in for the night ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    So with it getting above the 110's for a week starting at the end of the week- I'll be charging my batteries by day to fly at night

Anyone have some rides planned? I am thinking FINS North with Harv's group Thursday. Custom is to bring a six of whatever you like, jam it in Harv's fridge, ride then come back and hang out and cool off in the garage. Always a good time with the pack splintering into groups for almost all levels.

I need a Saturday night ride though. Anyone?

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Maybe I'll run into you at Harv's soon. The wife's night schedule is getting more flexible (insert joke here). I can't wait. Always a fun group.
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    How do you like that, the one time you offer up to ride at night I have to work during this weekend. In fact, to help pay for the new bike I am working 14 days straight to get the OT. During the weeknights I still ride after work so if you can get out on the trails at midnight you should see me on Phoenix Mountain Preserves, Sonoran Loops or even South Mountain. I try to change it up.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

Happy Trails

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_AlanS View Post
    Scott, that vehicle looks familiar, were you the one with the dead battery Saturday night? 126 riders officially signed in for the night ride.
    Alan, yep. That was me. Was that you that hooked me up with a jump start?

mtbr member
    I did the first Pemby night this season and plan on doing the next. Taco- hope to see you and the OpTi there too! Tyson its a blast at FINS- if you need to carpool I am near Arrowhead.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    I did the first Pemby night this season and plan on doing the next. Taco- hope to see you and the OpTi there too! Tyson its a blast at FINS- if you need to carpool I am near Arrowhead.
    I appreciate the carpool offer. I'm pretty sure I'll be there next week assuming someone else hosts it, as Harv usually doesn't do the first Thursday of the month. I work right off the 10 in Phoenix, and live in Waddell, so carpooling would be a bit tough.
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott In MD View Post
    Alan, yep. That was me. Was that you that hooked me up with a jump start?
    Yes it was, glad I could help. I also live in FH, typically do a night ride in MMP on Tuesdays. I ride from my house to the service road from the Grassland cul-de-sac and enter on Dixie Mine Trail.